• The closing ceremony for TBT's Farewell to New Leaf event has been posted! View the winning entries and other closing announcements here. Thanks for joining in on the fun and nostalgia. We'll see you this Friday night for the start of our annual Easter Egg Hunt!

My 10th villager was a random move-in?

vvindows98

always down 2 clown
Bells
MEOW Coupons
StreetPass Silver
okay so I thought the rule was: if you have 9 villagers in your town, they can ask to leave, but new ones won't move in until you're down to 8.
I had 10 villagers, I just time-travelled to move Chief out of my town, and when I get back to today's date Pekoe is moving in?? i didn't think you could get a 10th villager unless you get them from the campsite or someone's town.
is my game glitched or is this meant to happen? i'm kind of annoyed because now I gotta wait to look for my dreamies :/

It's possible that she moved out of someone else's town and you inadvertently picked her up by playing online with them. As far as I know, you can get someone from the void as your 10th villager.

oh right omg, that makes sense!! i gave Chief to a friend, so i probs picked up Pekoe from their void
i thought that only worked if i visited someone else though??

I'm pretty sure that you can get past villagers from other players whether they come to your town or you go to theirs, which can be really frustrating.

yep. i've been to other people's towns and gotten their villagers. super annoying, i still need like two of those move ins to gtfo :(

ugh that's so annoying :/ she moved into a bad place as well omg
thanks guys!!

yeah, it happens and it sucks. i can't go to people's towns at the moment until i get my 10th villager i want, which will probably be pecan

To prevent this from happening again, next time you're giving someone up for adoption make sure the person coming to your town goes to another town before coming to yours ; that will clean their void and you won't get any surprises - the space will be open for you to choose your 10th. :)

To prevent this from happening again, next time you're giving someone up for adoption make sure the person coming to your town goes to another town before coming to yours ; that will clean their void and you won't get any surprises - the space will be open for you to choose your 10th. :)

i didn't know that, thank you!!!

Back