3182-3595-3423
Tasty Cake
Candy Easter Egg
Tasty Cake
Tasty Cake
Tasty Cake
Tasty Cake
Tasty Cake
(honestly not sure where to put this so feel free to move it)

so my laptop at the moment isn't recognising ANY microphone input, regardless of whether i connect headphones or anything. its not picking up that i've plugged in headphones, but it will still play sound out etc etc etc.
strangely, when im using the built in mic it will pick up when i clap, but when i talk to my laptop it doesn't pick up anything. it also won't pick up AT ALL if i'm using a headset mic.

anyone know a solution for this? im on a windows laptop running win. 10. i've tried looking up common solutions and nothing works so !!!

You've not just got the microphone volume turned down? (instructions for WinXP/Vista/7 from memory - probably the same on Win10): Start -> Control Panel -> Sound -> Recording Devices -> Internal Microphone -> Properties -> Levels -> Volume & Amplification sliders (the second has the largest impact). Also make sure you have the right stuff selected for Playback/Recording Devices if wanting to use headphones.

You've not just got the microphone volume turned down? (instructions for WinXP/Vista/7 from memory - probably the same on Win10): Start -> Control Panel -> Sound -> Recording Devices -> Internal Microphone -> Properties -> Levels -> Volume & Amplification sliders (the second has the largest impact). Also make sure you have the right stuff selected for Playback/Recording Devices if wanting to use headphones.
Yeahhhh i've tried that but it doesn't make any difference OTL
Check to see if maybe you've gotten dust or crumbs in the port maybe?
I don't even know where the mic is on my laptop

Small hole, likely next to the webcam. Anyway, that would still pick up something even if it was filled with cement.

OH IT WAS DUCT TAPED BC ITS RIGHT NEXT TO MY WEBCAM HDHHDHDHD yeah no it wasn't pciking it up ecause its ****

- - - Post Merge - - -

Small hole, likely next to the webcam. Anyway, that would still pick up something even if it was filled with cement.

OH IT WAS DUCT TAPED BC ITS RIGHT NEXT TO MY WEBCAM HDHHDHDHD yeah no it wasn't pciking it up ecause its ****

Back