• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

If a villager leaves, can I get them back using amiibo card?

yeah, you should be able to get them back immediately. That's the magic of amiibo cards, is that you don't have to cycle through 16 villagers to have a chance to obtain that certain villager again! :)

Stitches left me during my haitus, I had 2 villagers move in in that process, so I hadnt even cycled the amount of villagers out. I ended up getting amiibo festival which had a Stitches card in it and now he's back in my town safe and sound :)

Yes you can and that's really useful! Genji left my town, so I just scanned him again. :D

I'm glad for this too, because I let Phil move out because I don't like where his house is, but I have his card so I can move him right back in once he's gone.

All of my current villagers are amiibo-invited villagers. I even kicked some out and brought them back.

Yes, but from what I understand it won't be the one you once had, so it will be like he never knew you.

Yes, but from what I understand it won't be the one you once had, so it will be like he never knew you.

That's the sad part. :(
It's the same with the 16 cycle. By the time you get them back, they've had their memory reset.

That's the sad part. :(
It's the same with the 16 cycle. By the time you get them back, they've had their memory reset.

Yep! That's why I quit trying to bring back old friends via Amiibo.Too sad when they don't know you at all.

Omg now I know I need an amiibo set haha

Tho it stinks they wont remember you, but I guess there can be some fun trying to build up your friendship with them again :)

I have a question to add to this: If you adopt someone else's amiibo-invited villager, can you still bypass the 16 villager cycle?

I don't have an amiibo card reader, so technically the only way I could use an amiibo card is to get someone else to scan the villager into their town and move them out for me. The problem is that I don't know if I could adopt one of my old villagers from someone else's town, even if that villager was generated through an amiibo card.

Last edited:
Back