• The closing ceremony for TBT's Farewell to New Leaf event has been posted! View the winning entries and other closing announcements here. Thanks for joining in on the fun and nostalgia. We'll see you this Friday night for the start of our annual Easter Egg Hunt!

Where do you come from and what languages do you speak?

i was born in america but i'm colombian with english being my first language and being able to speak fluent-ish spanish. plus i know very basic japanese phrases, but i'd love to take an actual class eventually

I'm from Canada and speak English, I'm slowly trying to learn some French.

Usa. I speak only English but in my free time i try to learn Japanese.

I'm from the Netherlands and I speak fluent Dutch and (semi-fluent?) English. I also know a bit of German and French and the tiniest bit of Spanish. In my opinion the Latin I learn at school doesn't count, because it's a dead language. :p

I'm from the US. Perfectly fluent in English and I can hold my own in Italian (better at reading/writing than speaking/hearing - but I'm the same with English tbh)

From Finland and i speak Finnish, English, Swedish and just started French

Germany, I speak German, English and French.

England, so fluent in English and kinda conversational in Italian (a bit rusty though) My mum is Italian and my dad is English.

USA. English, Spanish, Latin, learning French. Gave up on German & Dutch.

Born in Philippines, raised shortly in England, returned, can speak and fluent in Visayan (a filipino language), English and Japanese. Can read but can't speak Dutch, Russian, French, Korean (can speak a little but needs help), Chinese and Spanish (our elective in college, can speak a little but bad history with our country makes it bitter to do). I'm trying to learn more on Dutch to communicate better with my s/o.

US, english,partial mandarin and even less cantonese

Last edited:
I'm from Germany and half hungarian. German is my native language but I also speak and read hungarian fluently. Currently, I'm learning english, french and spanish at school and at Home I am learning a bit of Japanese, too, but I suck at it.

Back