• The closing ceremony for TBT's Farewell to New Leaf event has been posted! View the winning entries and other closing announcements here. Thanks for joining in on the fun and nostalgia. We'll see you this Friday night for the start of our annual Easter Egg Hunt!

Where do you come from and what languages do you speak?

Laov

Bells
MEOW Coupons
StreetPass Silver
Hi!

I guess there are a lot of native English speakers here, but I was wondering if you guys speak any other languages, and where you are from. :)

I was born in France but I am now mostly living in Portugal, I speak French, a bit of English and I am trying to learn Portuguese. (but it's way harder than expected haha)

How about you?

I’m in England, so another native English speaker, but also basic (very!) Spanish and I can read Latin

I live in the US but I speak English and conversational Japanese. I’m not as fluent as I’d like to be haha!

quarter irish, english and half chinese
i only speak english though

All of my great great grandparents were born in Italy, and then they all took the same boat to NYC, 70 years later my grandma moved to Miami

im swedish and im only fluent in swedish and english. i took german for almost 6 years but i suck haha

I'm from Sweden so Swedish is my native language. The only other language that I'm fairly confident in is English. I only know a few words or simple phrases from other languages.

florida and i speak english
i took spanish for like 4 years so i know it v vaguely but im bad at it

I live in Canada and I'm fluent in English and kind of French (I can read and write it well but I'm pretty bad at speaking it because I can't think fast enough to form sentences)

I am a Birtish citizen.

I can speak English and French. Don't test me lmao

I am from california and I speak japanese! I am currently learning spanish and finnish (if anyone wants to help me learn, lol)
I also tried learning mandarin for like a week and then dropped out it was the worst week of my life wtf.

I live - and was born - in the UK and I speak English. I would like to learn Spanish and German, and maybe even Croatian, since I'm planning on going to those countries at some point. This is all probably wishful thinking, though, since I most likely won't be bothered to learn them. :p I do know a few words of Latin (I'm writing a book inspired by Ancient Rome), though only from Google Translate. :)

I'm half Scottish (my mum) and half English (my dad).

Last edited:
From Trump's dump land (kill me) and obviously speak English but I know snippets of Korean and I used to be okay at Japanese but lost most of it due to lack of use.

Back