• The closing ceremony for TBT's Farewell to New Leaf event has been posted! View the winning entries and other closing announcements here. Thanks for joining in on the fun and nostalgia. We'll see you this Friday night for the start of our annual Easter Egg Hunt!

Where do you come from and what languages do you speak?

I'm from the US. I speak English fluently and currently working on learning Dutch to move over to Amsterdam with my boyfriend.

Last edited:
I come from Riverwood, darn dragons destroying the cities.

Born in Canada and fluent in English, but I really would like to be fluent in French. I guess I know around 25% by now lol

I'm from England. Fluent in English only :( I can speak some Korean (lived there for a while), and I used to speak some basic Irish but I've probably forgotten it all now. Same with French.

Only fluent in English. Know a tidbit of French. I am English and from America so all I ever talk is English.

I'm from Sweden so I speak Swedish on a daily basis, but I know that my English is good.

i'm polish and from poland so my native language is polish ^^ but i speak english fluently and i used to know spanish really well, i was at a nearly fluent level but i transferred from a bilingual school to a different one for my matura exams and stopped learning it. i can still understand a lot, especially by reading, but i find it really hard to speak the language.
and i know like 2 words in german, i took it in high school and learned absolutely nothing (in three years lol) because i hated it lol

Last edited:
Well I was born in Ohio, and I've lived here my whole life, so the US is my homeland :)

I also (obviously) natively speak English, but I know some Spanish, and at some point I'm gonna take a German language class while I'm in college.

I'm from M?xico, I speak Spanish and English fluently and I'm learning French, Italian and German. I can already talk in French and Italian but not fluently, and I'm still at a basic level in German. I'd also like to learn Finnish and Swedish but probably not soon because German's kinda hard haha I'll focus on that language for now. :)

I'm from the US. I only fluently know English but I do know bits of Spanish and Japanese. I want to learn Korean, but I haven't had time to. :(

I'm from Korea, born and raised, but grew up in a Korean and english speaking household. My dad's cambodian but he never taught us khmer when I was growing up. I can understand a little now.

Originally from the Philippines but now I'm in the U.S. (California ;))
I'm only fluent in English but I can understand Tagalog and speak it a little, and I'm currently studying Korean so I can speak and understand a little of that too

I was born and spent most of my time living in England, now I live in India. I am fluent in English.

I was born in CA, USA.
I speak English and Spanish fluently, and can read both fluently,
and elementary Japanese (though I can read hiragana and katakana,
but just cause I can read it doesn?t mean I understand what I read XD)
I learned Japanese in college c: I can say simple phrases and what not..
But probably can?t have a full blown conversation XD
Unless the conversation is simple/introductory, other than that no.​

i'm from the US, and i know english/spanish/vietnamese fluently. trying to learn french but it's so hard :[

from england, and im fluent in english and learning german! im **** at it.

i'm from the US, and i know english/spanish/vietnamese fluently. trying to learn french but it's so hard :[
i tried learning french once too and it was sooo difficult to me, i feel you ;; its such a beautiful language though, and i want to try again one day ;;

Well if some of you guys want some help in French someday, feel free to ask :)

I was born in the USA. I do a pretty decent job at speaking Vietnamese, but I'm terrible at writing it. I also know a bit of Spanish (I'm currently taking a Spanish 2 class). :)

Back