• The closing ceremony for TBT's Farewell to New Leaf event has been posted! View the winning entries and other closing announcements here. Thanks for joining in on the fun and nostalgia. We'll see you this Friday night for the start of our annual Easter Egg Hunt!

Please stop doing THIS

tolisamarie

Bells
MEOW Coupons
StreetPass Silver
Switch
3951-3669-0593
Dreamy Bear Plush
Jingloid
Snow Angel Snowman
Jingloid
Dreamy Bear Plush
Red Super Star Trophy
The Bell Tree World Championship 2021 Patch
Tricolored Puppy Plush
Jingle Christmas Doll
Timmy Christmas Doll
Whyyyy?????

All I want is a couple of pears and half my neighbor's boxes look like this:

LkirWg8.png

Campers don't ask for these items. EVER! I have campers at max level 20 friendship so I know this for a fact.

Therefore, no one will ever need these items, so NO ONE WILL EVER BUY THEM FROM YOU!

Please delete them from your boxes because items show up by price, highest first, so when someone sees this they won't even bother going to your camp to look for something else.

I'm at max friends now so I'm deleting everyone who does this to make room for other people.

Add me: 4875 5174 565

Last edited:
honestly, it's so annoying. i once saw someone who's entire market was filled with these types of items. like the entire thing. pls.

I agree, there’s really no point in it.

Personally I’m getting a bit irritated at people who leave their boxes empty but are the ones to constantly clear out my mine - yes, it’s nice that I’m getting their money, but in a sense I also put those items up to help out other players, and I’d rather see people who contribute get the items they need

I know right! It makes the whole process of searching market boxes all the more tedious.

I agree. I delete people with overpriced items like that in their marketplace. I ain’t got time for that

It's annoying, but think of it this way: it's more of a waste of their resources than a waste of your time. They can't withdraw any items without throwing them away in the process, so it's really just harming them more than anything.

Also, they're probably just kids hoping someone is silly enough to actually buy rather than adults looking to annoy you, you know?

honestly I think of lot of those ppl put those bugs/fish into the market early on in the game, so they didn't realize that campers would never request those so no one else would buy them... I know my friend was going to, and I told her to just sell to the game, which she didn't even know was an option lol

it is annoying though, because sometimes they have decently priced stuff in their other slots but I always see those overpriced fish and bugs in the first 4 so :/

i did this but only because it was preset at a high price. i took it down when i found out how much it was worth tho

I agree. I have a couple of people on my friends list who did this, and it makes is frustrating when I'm looking for items. Plus they're just wasting their items and using up space in their market boxes because no one will buy that.

It makes me wonder what the rare bugs and fish are for though since there's no point in them.

What is the point of the rare fish? Can we sell them?

To be fair, the game kind of puts them at that price by default, which might make someone who doesn't know better feel like it's correct. And then, if you remove it, you lose out on the item completely, which makes someone even more reluctant to remove it. That's just what I think happened, though.

I tend not to have many items in my own boxes because I tend to be low on things so, so often.

Yeah it's really annoying, same thing happens to me. But with my full friend's list I've seen it on both ends, everything like 10x(or more) what the game charges, and then people who list stuff with room for only a few bells profit. I personally list my items where I get at least twice what the game offers, and people still buy my stuff left and right. So you can do reasonable prices where you will still net a ton of profit, and you can actually HELP your friends. Like today every villagers wanted fruit beetles so I ran out really fast and it was hard to find any on my friend's market spaces. Eventually I did so thank you to whoever I ended up buying them from! But it's silly that people do this, like there's no point in buying them, unless someone just wants to "donate" you that ridiculous number of bells, nobody in their right mind is going to buy it just to have it.

Yeah I added randoms when I first started, like the people that appeared at locations. And either they don't have anything in their marketplace or its insanely priced. I did fall victim to listing items for what the game put at the start but I've taken all those down and they were mostly pointless items anyway.
Currently I list things for lowest price. Started to add some more active players and have replaced selling things for 10 bells when my inventory is full to listed them for lowest price to hopefully help someone out. Not particularly looking for a profit and I don't have enough active friends that buy from my market anyway so I won't raise prices or anything like that. At least not yet. Perhaps in the future.

Some people do it like if they want to transfer acpc bells into tbt, or are taking it for commissions, etc. Basically if they need to transfer a large quantity. But other than that, I totally understand it can get pretty annoying and most people are just posting bc they can, or they just "did." I hate trying to look for pears or pale chubs ;n;

From what I've read in other places, some people use the Market Box as a museum. So it's not that they are actually selling these items, but more that they are showing they have them.

From what I've read in other places, some people use the Market Box as a museum. So it's not that they are actually selling these items, but more that they are showing they have them.

That‘s somehow even worse, lol.

But yeah, I agree with everything said in this thread. It is insanely annoying, but I always give the people who do this the benefit of the doubt and assume they just don‘t know any better, because it‘s the price the game suggests. Initially (first days of the beta‘s release), I did the same without thinking about it, honestly. After reading about “Marketbox Etiquette“ here on this forum a few weeks ago, I quickly cleared out my boxes, though, and now I only sell stuff in packs of three for 100 bells, which I think is reasonable.

Last edited:
It's very frustrating when you're looking for a random pear or orange (my campsite's rarest fruit) and all you see are expensive fish (which most of us have anyway) at prices that aren't justified since demand is zero (at least for now). And as others have mentioned, it makes no sense for the player because once you place something in a market box, it's gone forever and you can't retrieve it or change the price.

My markets boxes are typically filled with items that I have in excess and listed at the game's lowest bell price. I see the market boxes as a way to help other players, not make a profit. A little profit is fine here and there, of course, but why not throw the extra items that you have in your market boxes instead of selling them for just 10 bells a piece when you need to clear some inventory?

I actually find it funny to see people football fish.
How much is max friends?

Last edited:
Is my market box bad? Just selling them because I've got over 20

Screenshot_2017-12-01-10-52-38.jpg

Not really since red snapper is a commonly asked quest item. The others aren't, besides the beetle.

Back