Please stop doing THIS

My market box is always empty because I always doubt that anyone would buy anything that's easy to get anyway, like fruit and common fish/bugs. I haven't really tried tbh, just because I don't want to end up having to discard the items if they don't sell. I sell the rarer ones like horned dynastid and red snapper for 1000 each because that's what the animals pay you when they ask for those so I think that's fair. But even then, that's only if I have excess and my bf buys them from me. I never sell the rare fish/bugs that animals don't ask for because they will never ever sell and no one would ever spend that much in this game anyway when it's not that easy to make a lot of bells here. I also never look through market boxes myself because it just feels tedious.

Last edited:
My market box is always empty because I always doubt that anyone would buy anything that's easy to get anyway, like fruit and common fish/bugs. I haven't really tried tbh, just because I don't want to end up having to discard the items if they don't sell.

You may be surprised. Try putting up a pear or apple or something common, but limited, and see.

It's true! What @Silversea said is true: people will pay for fruits. Especially fruits that they don't get an excess of. I get a lot of coconuts and oranges, for example, so I never need them. But my villagers are always asking for peaches, so I have to go out to Market Boxes to find them.

If you put nothing else in your box, put in fruit!
It will help out your fellow ACPCers a lot (like me xD )
(ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ*:・゚✧

There's always a shortage of fruit. In my case every set of 3 sells for 200 (or more).
So don't leave the fruit lying around if you have enough. Sell it.
Shake them trees before you go to bed. In the morning the trees will have regrown anyways...

Last edited:
I put common things in groups of 3 for 100 bells each. Basically when I get more than 10 of a single item.

[EDIT] 100 bells for the 3 items total that is

Last edited:
Your trash could be someone else's treasure. I'll admit I've even deleted a few people from my friends list for keeping their market box empty or only selling snappers, dynastids or black basses. Nothing personal against the player, it's just that if I keep them around then it becomes harder to find what I want when I need to buy something.

Do villagers even ask for super rare bugs and fish? I haven't seen any villager ask for any yet. Maybe they were put in the game to sell the regular way, not like a garage sale.

My market box is always empty because I always doubt that anyone would buy anything that's easy to get anyway, like fruit and common fish/bugs. I haven't really tried tbh, just because I don't want to end up having to discard the items if they don't sell. I sell the rarer ones like horned dynastid and red snapper for 1000 each because that's what the animals pay you when they ask for those so I think that's fair. But even then, that's only if I have excess and my bf buys them from me. I never sell the rare fish/bugs that animals don't ask for because they will never ever sell and no one would ever spend that much in this game anyway when it's not that easy to make a lot of bells here. I also never look through market boxes myself because it just feels tedious.

If you are consistent and people know they can always find X thing they need, then they will return to your box often. I wondered who would actually buy the common fish and bugs because that crap is free, but I expanded my market boxes so I had one slot for each thing (minus the 3 fruits I only have one tree of and obviously not the ultra-rare stuff) and I've had to restock multiple times today! I didn't even sell my Black Bass, Red Snapper, or Horned Dynastid and I sell for the minimum (the faster they sell, the more I make since otherwise I only get 100 bells and inventory is not infinite).

EDIT: The only thing I buy are the fruits I need (pears, peaches, cherries), but I buy those every single day. You should at least sell your extra fruits, if you have any. People need those.

Last edited:
I list everything in stacks of 5 for 100 bells, so players don't overfill their pockets if they only need a couple items and because I'm not here to rob you.

I just sell off those rares to make up more room in my pockets. I'll add you tolisamarie.

That?s somehow even worse, lol.

But yeah, I agree with everything said in this thread. It is insanely annoying, but I always give the people who do this the benefit of the doubt and assume they just don?t know any better, because it?s the price the game suggests. Initially (first days of the beta?s release), I did the same without thinking about it, honestly. After reading about ?Marketbox Etiquette? here on this forum a few weeks ago, I quickly cleared out my boxes, though, and now I only sell stuff in packs of three for 100 bells, which I think is reasonable.

Where is this thread about marketbox etiquette? I would like to read it, because I just started playing this game, and not sure how to use the marketbox. I did put some of my extra coconuts in there at 5 for 100 bells but I am not sure what the correct pricing should be etc.

I love the game, but have a busy life, career and family and all that. Fill your boxes with common stuff and I?ll buy it all day because I often don?t have time to hunt it down, especially when the game seems to sometimes not want to spawn what you need lol.

Likewise I put up common stuff I have in excess for cheap for others like me.

i always put 5 common items for 100 bells. I find that fruit is the best seller.

The only high prices items I put on market was 4 horned dynastid for 1,000 each only because I put them up when I started. Two of them sold though! Bit that was at the beginning and they didnt sell so I've just removed the others. It does annoy me when I see that.

Last edited:
Couldn't agree more!

There's absolutely no point in having friends who do this, that's why I've started deleting them and make more room for people who are actually interested in trading items.

Last edited:
Where is this thread about marketbox etiquette? I would like to read it, because I just started playing this game, and not sure how to use the marketbox. I did put some of my extra coconuts in there at 5 for 100 bells but I am not sure what the correct pricing should be etc.

There is nothing wrong with following common guidelines. But don't let something written on a forum dictate how you should play your game.

There is nothing wrong with following common guidelines. But don't let something written on a forum dictate how you should play your game.

Thanks, I was just curious because I searched the forums but could not find any thread on marketbox etiquette, and wondered what this etiquette was.

F0FA87C6-EE05-4553-8E06-FA0065254E90.jpgMy market box always has things i May have trouble finding

Last edited:
My Id: 7201 6690 883
My listings has useful items and reasonable price, feel free to add me

Attachments

• WechatIMG64.jpg
    WechatIMG64.jpg
    14.8 KB · Views: 63
Back