• The closing ceremony for TBT's Farewell to New Leaf event has been posted! View the winning entries and other closing announcements here. Thanks for joining in on the fun and nostalgia. We'll see you this Friday night for the start of our annual Easter Egg Hunt!

today is the 45th anniversary of the invention of video games....

King Dorado

you can do anything
Bells
MEOW Coupons
StreetPass Silver
Rebel Gnome
Fossil Easter Egg
Ladybug Easter Egg
Paradise Planning Easter Egg
Splat Easter Egg
Fossil Easter Egg
Classic Easter Egg
Togepi Easter Egg
Waluigi Easter Egg
Yoshi Easter Egg
The modern video game industry was born on November 29, 1972, in Andy Capp's Tavern in Sunnyvale, California. The game was Pong, a machine recently constructed by Al Alcorn, an engineer working for gaming entrepreneurs Nolan Bushnell and Ted Dabney, who had recently incorporated under the name "Atari."

0401.png

are you doing anything to celebrate??
:confused:

- - - Post Merge - - -

and, how do you think video games have changed society for the better?? for the worse??

I think they've made things better because they bring people together in more ways than one, and they expand people's creativity and provide an outlet for so many things. Games build friendships between people not just locally but around the world. They open up the imagination and expand people's minds. And not all games are mindless grinding either, games can be educational.

On the flipside, there is the sadness when you see people going through addiction from it and how games have literally ended up ruining people's lives. Then again, you wonder what else these people might get addicted to if there weren't games. Any addiction is sad though.

Playing my usual games I guess :p Cool though it's that old, now I really want an old Pong machine man.

For most the bad, due to addiction and electronics being more and more expensive with the development. For good though it can bring people together but since I mostly play on my own (except for trading on NL/Pok?mon) I'm not too much into that social aspect anyway.

That's pretty cool. I remember having some clone system with 10 or 12 games that were just variations of Pong.

I am not old enough to have been there, but that's still rad. I've played my fair share of pong and variations thereof. I sadly didn't have the chance to play any video games in celebration as I spent my 3 hours of "down time" asleep.

What about Tennis for Two? It was made in 1958 :p
I can't help but think that it influence the makers of Pong in some way

Also don't forget the Magnavox Odyssey, the first home video game console with interchangeable cartridges!

Omg, d'ya remember what is was called, now I got real curious...

There was a ton of them back in the day but I'm pretty sure the one we had was a Hanimex TVG 070C. I clearly remember the black and brown game cart and the orange colored buttons on the console.

There was a ton of them back in the day but I'm pretty sure the one we had was a Hanimex TVG 070C. I clearly remember the black and brown game cart and the orange colored buttons on the console.

ayy, obrigada ^^ i'll look that up!

Back