• The closing ceremony for TBT's Farewell to New Leaf event has been posted! View the winning entries and other closing announcements here. Thanks for joining in on the fun and nostalgia. We'll see you this Friday night for the start of our annual Easter Egg Hunt!

Have you ever had the same dream more than once?

I don't know for sure, but I think so.
There's this really weird dream where I flap with my arms and run outside at the yard of my house and the more I flap, the higher I fly up. I've had several dreams that I can fly in, and I kind of like them, as long as I'm not getting chased by anything.

I feel like I have links to dreams.
So one of the dreams from the previous night is where me and my friends go to the beach and then the dream ends.
Then the next night I get a dream where me and my friend are still at the beach and making a sandcastle.
Sometimes I find it hard to believe that I have links to my dreams because my dreams are so short and hard to remember.
P.S. I should be going to sleep now so good night

I?ve had reaccuring dreams in my childhood that sometimes come up now.. I don?t mind them, I also get ?continuation? dreams from previous childhood dreams. Those ones are weird because they make me feel so nostalgic..

Hm there was a certain place that popped up in my dream twice with a lengthy period in between of a few months, the first time was a section of it, the sky was purple and blue and I could see the stars, it was kinda like starry sky feel. And the bridge was pretty, above water where boats were sailing slowly in, bridge I believe wasn't that big but there were shops and stuff near by and nice street lamps and lights. Then it came again and I found myself swimming in the water away from something and then flying, idk from what but I didn't feel scared, maybe running from the police or something in a game XD but eh idk if that's a repeat but it's somewhat kinda

I've had recurring dreams about sharks and large waves in the ocean drowning me.. I'm glad I don't have them anymore.

I've had a recurring "dream" dating back a decade. Over time there have been extensions to the "story" it's showing me. I hope it never comes true.

as a child i had some recurring dreams. a few were nightmares-- getting chased by vampires, hiding under the bed, then getting caught and bitten- they were very vivid and the bites felt painful and in the dreams i died (which is odd bc i always heard if you die in your dream then you die IRL so i guess that cant be true, lol).

another childhood dream was that id meet and get to know a beautiful girl and then we'd get separated somehow in a crowd and couldn't find each other again. (not sure what that means ???)

i don't have recurring dreams anymore, but occasionally one of my deceased relatives will be in my dreams. it's always in some boring domestic setting, in present time, where theyre still alive and just hanging out doing plain boring things. in my dream i have no realization that theyre dead IRL, its only after i wake up that i go "Hey...!" but i cant find any symbolism in it...

I dream very rarely, but I used to have a couple reoccurring dreams for a long time throughout my childhood. One of them as really scary because it would always end badly, and one wasn't scary at all but I used to get scared anyway. Over the last exam period in high school, I didn't have one bad dream about exams until after I had finished all my exams. The dreams of either missing my exam, failing an exam, disrupting an exam or whatever kept on happening over and over again even though exams had finished. I guess it was just on my mind still lol

as a child i had some recurring dreams. a few were nightmares-- getting chased by vampires, hiding under the bed, then getting caught and bitten- they were very vivid and the bites felt painful and in the dreams i died (which is odd bc i always heard if you die in your dream then you die IRL so i guess that cant be true, lol).

another childhood dream was that id meet and get to know a beautiful girl and then we'd get separated somehow in a crowd and couldn't find each other again. (not sure what that means ???)

i don't have recurring dreams anymore, but occasionally one of my deceased relatives will be in my dreams. it's always in some boring domestic setting, in present time, where theyre still alive and just hanging out doing plain boring things. in my dream i have no realization that theyre dead IRL, its only after i wake up that i go "Hey...!" but i cant find any symbolism in it...

Actually, I have. I'm a lucid dreamer, and I purposely dream of the same thing; sometimes with variations to the dream, or I pick up the story from the last dream I had.

I don't remember having reoccurring nightmares, though.

YES I have! many times actually! not only that but the dream would actually continue like every dream is a different episode or a re-imagining of a previous one, it's weird.

I used to continuously dream about living in a seemingly normal house but then I would discover that it's actually a huge house by finding hidden fully furnished rooms, attics, hidden long corridors and stuff that all all somewhat connected and rooms would have multiple doors, the basement was huge with at least 10 bathrooms. also we would always find construction workers either in the basement or in the house's roof and we would hide from them and let let them see us for some reason. I had this dream many times but not anymore but I still think about it and what it's really about.

Last edited:
i have recurring nightmares of someone close to me harming me which have become less frequent the past few weeks but they've been going on for several months, but when i was a kid i had regular dreams of having a bird? i don't know why but i still want a bird so

sometimes. usually the reoccurring dreams vary just a little bit, but they pretty much follow the exact scenario as the original.

Yes. Usually when someone I love dies.
I will get a rare, vivid dream.

One actually woken me up, and I saw my father who had passed away only weeks before, walking out of my room.

I remember feeling comforted.

Last edited:
I don't usually have dreams or remember them lol

I've had the same type of dream, like the floating on water sensation or whatever, but I don't think I've ever had the exact same dream more than once

Oh yeah. I don't have reoccuring dreams every night, but enough that I've noticed I've had the same dreams a few times. They aren't like the exact same dream, but similar enough. There are about three of them, and I hate dreaming them. One of them is where I have super strength, and I try to fight wild animals with my bare hands. Another one is where I have to go back to school, but I'm not a student. I just sit there and watch everyone, but I have to be there because dream logic lol. And either none of my friends remember me, or this girl I didn't like is really excited to see me back at school and won't leave me alone. And the last one is where I'm being attacked and I try to stab the attacker to save myself, but the knife will never go in. It always bends or just won't go in. I hate this one the most because it's so stressful and I just don't like to dream stuff like that. :/

I've had continuations, if that counts.

I don’t think so. There may have been similar dreams, but not exact. I don’t think the exact same dream can happen. There would be parts that are slightly different.

Back