• The closing ceremony for TBT's Farewell to New Leaf event has been posted! View the winning entries and other closing announcements here. Thanks for joining in on the fun and nostalgia. We'll see you this Friday night for the start of our annual Easter Egg Hunt!

Christmas / Holiday Event General Discussion (Pocket Camp)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sadly that is how F2P games work. There is little reason to actually spend Leaf Tickets otherwise. They've got to make spending money look attractive.

I hope they won't do that, but I would be surprised if they didn't.

Sadder yet is that I'm willing to spend money on leaf tickets to get those items provided they're not too crazy expensive. Nintendo probably knows that too, hence while they'll probably charge a whole bunch of leaf tickets for the items.

Sadder yet is that I'm willing to spend money on leaf tickets to get those items provided they're not too crazy expensive. Nintendo probably knows that too, hence while they'll probably charge a whole bunch of leaf tickets for the items.

It's ridiculous how large these "micro"transactions can get.

I've played the Kingdom Hearts mobile game for quite some time, and the prices on that game are so outrageous. It's hard to describe without knowing the game. Just imagine the Pokemon Card game. Imagine an online version of that. Imagine needing to pay $20 for one randomized pack of digital cards. I mean, like in AC there are ways to get limited amounts of the currency in-game, but in no way should it cost anywhere near $20 for that! That ain't a microtransaction! $0.99 is a microtransaction. What has gone so wrong?

Lets hope Nintendo doesn't go down that road. I don't know how the prices are in this game relative to the content. We don't have too much to go from yet.

As everyone else is saying: I have a bad feeling in my gut these are going to cost an exorbant ammoubt of leaf tickets. And an even worse one that I WILL pay for them.
What can I say? I need Christmas stuff.

But I also hold out hope that maybe these will be like traditional furniture and will cost bells

It's begun!!! There are many event challenges to earn clothing and candy canes to craft the holiday furniture :D
Everyone should have gotten a Santa hat too :blush:

Wow I didn't even notice the announcement at all...

So a quick count of what is needed to finish this seasonal event; (at least the grinding part of it with the candy canes)
1110 candy canes in total if you want one of each item.

Subtract the 'free' candy canes they give you when you're progressing though the event,
which is 300 candy canes.

You'll come down to needing 810 candy canes +/- whatever your crafting order of operation is.

It seems like doing a request grants 1 candy cane... I think?
It's all RNG drop rates, you can get between 0~6 candy canes as a "bonus" request reward.
and we have until 12/26 to finish this.

On a good day I can probably do 5-6 request reset cycles (reset is every 3 hours),
which is 3 request from 4 areas, totaling to 60-72 request a day.

This gives you around anywhere between 50~144+/- candy canes a day, depending on how lucky or unlucky you are.

If campsite request counts too, it'll help out a bit. Though I forgot how often those appear up...

Either way, this is okay for me, since it is likely these same seasonal furnishings will return next year as well.

edits: corrected arithmetic on drops

Last edited:
Yay, it's here! And as I suspected, the official English tweet had it completely wrong and it was tonight not tomorrow night...

I'm sure I'm going to enjoy this event! The items look so cute ^-^ I'm particularly in love with the snow globe~

Hopefully I can get as much as possible ^^;

I spent $20 on leaf tickets to get the Christmas tree asap #noragrets

I’m not sure how to feel about the item cost yet...spending $5 on a virtual Christmas tree seems like a ridiculously steep price to me. My opinion will depend on how difficult the candy canes are to come by I suppose. Overall slightly disappointed so far

- - - Post Merge - - -

It's all RNG drop rates, you can get between 0~3 candy canes as a "bonus" request reward.

I just received 6 candy canes for one request - might be better then it looked at first

I get in the range of 1-5 candy canes per request, and sometimes nothing. It may be random or if there is a difficulty assigned to each task, which I don't know. I've racked up 97 so far but there's still a ways to go to afford all the items. It seems doable within 25 days though (I hope)

Dear Nintendo: I freaking love you. Not only are the Christmas items affordable but they don't cost leaf tickets. Thank you for not being totally greedy and heartless this Christmas.

Love, An Addicted AC:pC Player

The difficulty looks quite reasonable to me honestly. You can knock down 300 canes from the timed goals, so you need to fetch 810 in 26 days. That works out to about 31 per day through villager requests or the quarry. Not too bad actually -- I have earned 35 just from villager requests so far today.

wow, i'm really pleasantly surprised at how plausible nintendo has made it to be able to craft every item!
i was fully expecting them to make everything difficult unless you used leaf tickets, but this is lovely.
thanks nintendo; glad to know you've still got some christmas spirit in you. ♡

I’m so glad that candy canes are so easy to come by and you don‘t have to buy the event items (or candy canes) for real money. It‘s only the first day of the event and I have already crafted half of the offered items just by getting candy canes from camper requests.
Plus, a lot of the items don‘t cost a single candy cane because you get the ones you paid back via the timed goals for crafting them, which is really, really nice! I love this event and hope they‘ll stick to this model for future events. Thanks for being awesome, Nintendo! :)

Last edited:
I've already crafted several items. Some give candy canes as rewards for crafting, so you can piggyback a bit.

The difficulty looks quite reasonable to me honestly. You can knock down 300 canes from the timed goals, so you need to fetch 810 in 26 days. That works out to about 31 per day through villager requests or the quarry. Not too bad actually -- I have earned 35 just from villager requests so far today.

That's some nice math, thanks. 300 for a snowman is quite rough though.
Hope I can manage it all within 4 weeks.

Last edited:
Candy canes?

What do the candy cane materials do for us??

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back