• The closing ceremony for TBT's Farewell to New Leaf event has been posted! View the winning entries and other closing announcements here. Thanks for joining in on the fun and nostalgia. We'll see you this Friday night for the start of our annual Easter Egg Hunt!

Is there a limit to Jacob's Ladders?

SneezingPrince

Green Thumb
Bells
MEOW Coupons
StreetPass Silver
I've been TTing to progress on my town and its been a couple of months (both irl and ingame) since Ive seen a Jacob's Ladder.
I used to get one every second day when I finally reached perfect town status around 9 months ago, but after 10 Jacob's Ladder's, I havent seen any new one since then? Last time I saw a Jacob's Ladder, it was back then, 8 months ago.

I can confirm that my town has been a perfect town every single day, with the help of the Keep Town Beautiful ordinance, so it would be weird to see them stop growing for around 8 months once I owned 10 of them.

Could it possibly be because I have all 10 of them planted in my town instead of having them in a storage?

EDIT and SOLVED: If placed, your town can only grow a limited amount of jacob's ladder!
I removed all 10 of them, put them in a storage locker in my house and a new one appeared on the same day!

Last edited:
EDIT and SOLVED: If placed, your town can only grow a limited amount of jacob's ladder!
I removed all 10 of them and a new one appeared on the same day !

Oh, that's good to know. I had moved mine to other locations and haven't had any new ones in a while. I'll try picking them up and see if I can get more.

I will update this thread once I have the confirmation that they keep on growing every few days, so far only one appeared near a cliff on the same day so Im pretty positive it might continue this way!

I removed all 10 of them and a new one appeared on the same day !

I have over 20 in town, yet I still get them. Not very often, but that's only due to my limited cliff space.

I TT'd yesterday, and got two, after not getting any for three months.

It's all to do with cliff space, and general luck.

Thanks for this thread! I am going to put mine away and grow more :)

This very useful information. Thank you! I have just today started paying after a break through summer and growing more jacobs ladders will definitely be one of my new to-do's.

This is actually really useful! I've been planning to farm a lot of them so thanks!

Back