Second ACNL Towns

MayorThomas

Bells
Eggs
Old Eggs
Okay, so, this is probably a very dumb question but

How do people get several Animal Crossing towns? I figured they just bought a second card of the game but is that actually how to do it?

You can either buy another cartridge or buy the digital version, providing your first copy is a cartridge. I myself have two cartridges.

PS Also, maybe you know this, but you can use two different cartridges (towns) interchangeably in the same DS. (Or, as ravenblue says, a digital copy and any number of cartridge copies). Not a dumb question...I didn't have a clue to anything when I first started playing 18 months ago...:)

I have 2 cartridges and one 3DS, play one town at a time. :)
Some people have multiple 3DS though, so they can trade with themselves :)

I also had this question! So glad someone asked ^^;
An additional question from me: would changing out the SD Card do anything? Like, could I change towns through changing the SD Card? Or is strictly between game cartridges?
(ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ*:・゚✧

I have 2 cartridges and one 3DS, play one town at a time. :)
Some people have multiple 3DS though, so they can trade with themselves :)

Same here, but I havent started my second town yet. :3

I also had this question! So glad someone asked ^^;
An additional question from me: would changing out the SD Card do anything? Like, could I change towns through changing the SD Card? Or is strictly between game cartridges?

The SD card saves picture and 3DS updates (like the WA update) but the cartridge has all of your town information. You can wipe the SD card and it wouldn't affect the cartridge. IE, the only way to change towns is by using a separate ACNL cartridge or buying a download..

I have a cartridge and a digital copy. I wanted a digital copy due to the fact I didn't want to switch my cartridges out anymore it was too much of a hassle trying to remember which was which. Digital copy ended up being my favorite because I love not having to switch cartridges, I can be playing pokemon one second and leave it in then go to play acnl

I have 2 3DS consoles, and a town I play on each. I am often in areas where I don't have reliable WiFi, so that way I can interact with another town.

The SD card saves picture and 3DS updates (like the WA update) but the cartridge has all of your town information. You can wipe the SD card and it wouldn't affect the cartridge. IE, the only way to change towns is by using a separate ACNL cartridge or buying a download..

Thank you for clarifying! I figured it may have come down to that.
I went out and bought a second game anyway xD

I have two cartridges and two towns. There's a way you can swap saves on one cartridge via hacking, which I can do, but it seems more complex than the normal stuff I use hacking for, so I just stick to the two cartridges.

I have a digital copy and a cartridge, the digital copy I use as my primary town and then my cartridge is the one I'm constantly cycling/resetting/don't have any real stakes in lol

I only have one, but my hacks allow me to have as many as I want. I can simply "inject" the towns as save files.

To be honest, one is more than enough for me right now.

I have my main town on a cartridge that I got for xmas three years ago. I recently brought myself another cartridge to have a second town. I only have one DS though so I can't play both at the same time or trade between the two.

I used to have two cartridges, and go back and forth between the two when we had a second DS. We are down to one DS now, so that won't work. I am debating on getting a second game to play because my current town is set where I don't want anyone to leave, but I also miss having new, random villagers move in. I think it would be fun to have an extra game where I am not stressing to get my town exactly where I want it, and can mess around with layouts, etc.

Back