• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

Mario vs Zelda vs Pokemon

Which of these franchises is the best?

• Total voters
I can't choose, this is too hard... I've grown up with Zelda and Pokemon (not the biggest mario fan). I LOVE pokemon so much but i also LOVE LoZ soo much as well

Zelda. I was incredibly obsessive about Pokemon for the first 3 generations and then it became way too much. Sun/Moon was the final straw, I hated it and could not finish it. Pokemon lost its charm for me when it moved to the DS with Diamond/Pearl. Somehow, I've always enjoyed every Zelda game.

Last edited:
I'm sad that Metroid isn't on here. However, out of all those, I'd choose Zelda. Pokemon is overrated af.

You ask the hard questions!

I think I?d have to go with Zelda. I have a ton of nostalgia for a childhood playing Super Mario 64 and Super Mario Sunshine, but I?ll never forget the first time I play a Zelda game - Wind Waker. Much like the way I was introduced to Animal Crossing, I played it on a friend?s GameCube first, then decided I had to have it for myself. I have so many good memories playing Zelda games - laughter, tears (Link?s Awakening ending), and that huge sense of accomplishment you get for finally beating Ganon after a long and arduous quest. There?s nothing quite like it.

While I like Pokemon more than the other 2 I will say that the Zelda series has some of my favorite games, so I'll pick Zelda bc of that. :p

I think for me it would be mario first since I grew up playing mario series . Second would be zelda and third would be pokemon.

Mario 64 was great.

Never played Zelda.

Loved Pokemon for years, until it got ridiculous. (The amount is absurd).. but I choose (YOU) Pokemon, the older games, up until Diamond and Pearl anyway.

Hm, out of the three I pick Mario, cause I don't like Pok?mon at all, & Zelda...never played any Zelda games (tho planning to buy Hyrule warriors & Breath of the wild soon lol).
picked Mario cause of Luigi's mansion, Mario kart, super smash (not sure if this is considered a Mario franchise but yea), many others but yeah guess Mario is my most fav :D

While Mario does have variety in gameplay/stories, LOZ is unique with it's adventures and fighting style has well as gameplay, Pokemon is literally the same gameplay every game which can get boring. So I picked Zelda!

Mario for the win, bro! Forever and always loving those italian brothers!

I went with P-O-K-E-M-ON POK?MON! I say P-O-K-E-M-ON Pokemon! *gym theme music continues to play*

Mario is most consistent, pokemon is really fun. Zelda is overrated but I like some of the games.

Definetly zelda, I love the wind waker one especially! Mario would probably be number 2, my little brother still plays it all the time on the original wii lmao (,: . My first pokemon game was pokemon sun/moon, i finished it around 3 months ago i liked it, it was fun!

zelda, of course. it's been my favorite game ever since i was a kid. pokemon is in second place, but honestly no game beats the legend of zelda in my opinion

This isn't really a fair comparison for me... So, I am prepared to be called an uncultured swine... I have never, in my 14 years of life, played a single game of Pokemon, whether it be the trading card or video game.. I know, I know... And I also have played multiple Zelda games, but never have finished one. However, I have played and beaten many Mario games, and currently I am working my way through Odyssey. I'm not sure why, maybe it's because I grew up playing Mario, beating Paper Mario on my dad's old Nintendo 64 when I was just six. The games bring me a sort of nostalgia, even with the new development Nintendo has been making. I love the characters, the music, the spin-offs... For me, the clear and only reasonable winner is the Mario franchise.

Back