Mario vs Zelda vs Pokemon

Which of these franchises is the best?

• Total voters
I can't choose, this is too hard... I've grown up with Zelda and Pokemon (not the biggest mario fan). I LOVE pokemon so much but i also LOVE LoZ soo much as well

Zelda. I was incredibly obsessive about Pokemon for the first 3 generations and then it became way too much. Sun/Moon was the final straw, I hated it and could not finish it. Pokemon lost its charm for me when it moved to the DS with Diamond/Pearl. Somehow, I've always enjoyed every Zelda game.

Last edited:
I'm sad that Metroid isn't on here. However, out of all those, I'd choose Zelda. Pokemon is overrated af.

You ask the hard questions!

I think I?d have to go with Zelda. I have a ton of nostalgia for a childhood playing Super Mario 64 and Super Mario Sunshine, but I?ll never forget the first time I play a Zelda game - Wind Waker. Much like the way I was introduced to Animal Crossing, I played it on a friend?s GameCube first, then decided I had to have it for myself. I have so many good memories playing Zelda games - laughter, tears (Link?s Awakening ending), and that huge sense of accomplishment you get for finally beating Ganon after a long and arduous quest. There?s nothing quite like it.

While I like Pokemon more than the other 2 I will say that the Zelda series has some of my favorite games, so I'll pick Zelda bc of that. :p

I think for me it would be mario first since I grew up playing mario series . Second would be zelda and third would be pokemon.

Mario 64 was great.

Never played Zelda.

Loved Pokemon for years, until it got ridiculous. (The amount is absurd).. but I choose (YOU) Pokemon, the older games, up until Diamond and Pearl anyway.

Hm, out of the three I pick Mario, cause I don't like Pok?mon at all, & Zelda...never played any Zelda games (tho planning to buy Hyrule warriors & Breath of the wild soon lol).
picked Mario cause of Luigi's mansion, Mario kart, super smash (not sure if this is considered a Mario franchise but yea), many others but yeah guess Mario is my most fav :D

While Mario does have variety in gameplay/stories, LOZ is unique with it's adventures and fighting style has well as gameplay, Pokemon is literally the same gameplay every game which can get boring. So I picked Zelda!

Mario for the win, bro! Forever and always loving those italian brothers!

I went with P-O-K-E-M-ON POK?MON! I say P-O-K-E-M-ON Pokemon! *gym theme music continues to play*

Definetly zelda, I love the wind waker one especially! Mario would probably be number 2, my little brother still plays it all the time on the original wii lmao (,: . My first pokemon game was pokemon sun/moon, i finished it around 3 months ago i liked it, it was fun!

zelda, of course. it's been my favorite game ever since i was a kid. pokemon is in second place, but honestly no game beats the legend of zelda in my opinion

This isn't really a fair comparison for me... So, I am prepared to be called an uncultured swine... I have never, in my 14 years of life, played a single game of Pokemon, whether it be the trading card or video game.. I know, I know... And I also have played multiple Zelda games, but never have finished one. However, I have played and beaten many Mario games, and currently I am working my way through Odyssey. I'm not sure why, maybe it's because I grew up playing Mario, beating Paper Mario on my dad's old Nintendo 64 when I was just six. The games bring me a sort of nostalgia, even with the new development Nintendo has been making. I love the characters, the music, the spin-offs... For me, the clear and only reasonable winner is the Mario franchise.

Back