• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

Balancing Male/Female Villagers?

Flare

Bells
Switch
7087-8935-1983
Anyone here like to balance the number of male/female villagers in your town?

I usually do that although I'm thinking whether to get Ketchup or Beau bc making Ketchup a "desirable" would make my male/female ratio 6:4 and Beau would make it 5:5

Honestly it doesn't matter in the game and it doesn't matter to me. Half the time I'm surprised when a villager announces their gender because I can't even tell.

Same, I don't really pay attention to that kind of thing.

Though generally I think I prefer male villagers, because the only personality type of theirs I don't like is Jock, while with female villagers, the peppy ones are a bit annoying, and the uchi ones are just cringy.

I would prefer to have an even ratio in Cryptade if it weren't for:
1.) I wanted at least one of each personality type (except peppy) and I had 2 lazy and 2 cranky villagers planned and i needed a jock and smug, all of which are male exclusive
2.) a lot of the males fitted my theme, it was a little hard to find females that fit

i cared more about having a one of each personality type but

i dont even care anymore cuz i cant stand jocks/dont care too much for snootys

I don't choose according to gender but in some towns, it's about even. I usually choose by personality. I like crankies and snooties the most. Then jocks, peppies and uchis. Smugs not so much (except Pietro, Julian and Shep) so I don't have one in every town. Just the ones in which I need them to suggest PWP's.

I have a good balance but it's not really on purpose. I just try to have one of each personality type. If it weren't for wanting a chance at all PWPs, I'd probably ditch the jock & snooty and replace them with normals cuz I love them<3

Last edited:
i always had whatever villagers i liked- if that was entirely one gender i couldn't tell

As long as I have at least one of each personality, I don't mind not having 5-5~
In Hangzhou I have exactly 5-5 though (the repeats being cranky and normal). In Sundance I have 6-4 currently, with two normals and two peppies. It's all good~

I never give it much thought. I just keep whichever ones come into my town that I like.

I'm still working on unlocking all the pwps so I need to have one of each personality. I think it's better that way anyway because too many of one personality gets super repetitive and boring. Then I just switch out the villager based on personality when I want to bring another favorite in to my town. It keeps it interesting for me!

I find it impossible to keep my town balanced. I do try to have at least a few male villagers but aesthetically the majority of them don?t appeal to me. Not only that but my favourite personality types are Normal & Peppy and I dislike Jocks. My main concern is trying to balance personality types rather than gender.

I don't really care as long as I have at least one of each personality. I've been at 6 males and 4 females for a long time and don't have any intention of changing it because I love them all.

Funny, I never really thought about that! I think I just want characters I like rather than trying to maintain any sort of ratio. I know I have 2 bears now and I wonder if that might bug some people, as I only have one of everything else? It's interesting to think about!

A long time ago, I kept an eye on the ratio since I thought it would be better to have 5 male
and 5 female villagers, but now I don't care about it anymore. I just pick the villagers I like.

I use to NEED to have 5 females and 5 males but now I just want rlly over rated villagers tht are cute and stuff

Back