• The closing ceremony for TBT's Farewell to New Leaf event has been posted! View the winning entries and other closing announcements here. Thanks for joining in on the fun and nostalgia. We'll see you this Friday night for the start of our annual Easter Egg Hunt!

Amiibo: In or Out of the Box?

I only buy the cards, but I'd probably throw the box away because I wouldn't need it.

out but i try to keep the boxes if they're in good enough condition and hang them on my wall

I have 4 for Smash 4 (UGH to many for's!)
I have all of mine out, but it's really up to your preference.

I used to keep them in boxes. After the first 15 I started having issues with storage so began opening them. Then I realised I liked them more when I can actually touch and use them.

I take them out of the box since I want to use them and I'm not going to be reselling them. I keep them all in a big cardboard box now because I ran out of space in front of the TV and also got tired of the cat messing with them.
I also throw away the boxes they come in since I don't need those.

I took mine out of the box. I'm not a serious amiibo figure collector. I only bought the Animal Crossing amiibos, which I wanted to use and don't plan on selling so it didn't make sense to keep them in the box. I usually keep them on my desk, but right now I have them on my bookshelf and they look really cute.

I have a cabine drawer to keep the amiibo figures. The 400 amiibo cards are in albums. All packaged boxes from those amiibo figures were thrown away. They would take up too much room for me.

I keep mine in the box, but also buy ones that are out of the box so I can use them lol

I don't plan on selling them; I only want them for my gaming experiences. I still collect the Smash amiibo though (however, the Cloud, Bayonetta, and Corrin amiibo to go -- both forms for each).
I also own the Mario Maker amiibo (both of them); the Wolf Link amiibo; the amiibo ACNL cards; a Guardian amiibo (which looks freaking badass); the Celica and Alm amiibo; and of course, the Inkling Boy, Girl & Squid amiibo. All of which are unsealed and just sitting on my shelf collecting dust...whoops.

The figures are expensive af so I do want to use them when I can. All my 100 or so figures are unboxed

All of mine are unboxed with the packaging tossed. I don’t have many. At first they were for decoration, the first few I got. But since then I have gotten games that use them, and recently got some Animal crossing Amiibos cheap and a plastic case to put them all in. I am looking on getting more for good prices, more based on what I can do with them and if they are characters if I can’t use them in a game yet.

i take it out and throw the box out. how else am i going to use them? :p

I open mine from the bottom so I can take them out when I need them and put them back in when I'm done. Best of both worlds! :>

I open mine but by carefully cutting the bottom of the plastic part so I can put them back in/use the boxes for display purposes, which I did for awhile but currently have them all put away. The only ones I haven't opened are 8-bit Mario and 8-bit Link because they look really cool in the box, and Wolf Link/Midna because I don't know where to put it, and Gold and Silver Mario which I just can't bring myself to open for some reason. My nephew is a big Mario fan so he always wants to bust into them any time he's over here hahah he's always like "why don't you open these?!" so I'll probably let him open them one of these days ?\_(ツ)_/?

I bought my amiibo to use them, so I take them out of the box and toss the packaging. I only have four, so I keep them on my display shelf with my other figures.

Back