• The closing ceremony for TBT's Farewell to New Leaf event has been posted! View the winning entries and other closing announcements here. Thanks for joining in on the fun and nostalgia. We'll see you this Friday night for the start of our annual Easter Egg Hunt!

Amiibo: In or Out of the Box?

Nightstar

Bells
MEOW Coupons
StreetPass Silver
May Birthstone (Emerald)
Ruby
New Leaf Token
Isabelle
Green Candy
When you get an amiibo, do you keep it in the box or take it out? I'm struggling to decide with a couple of mine.

(Also, if you take it out do you keep the empty box or toss it?)

I got some amiibo just for the extra features in games(like both versions of Kirby), so I opened them, but kept the box. However, for most of the amiibo I get, I keep them sealed in the box.

i'm not a serious collector, i just like the figures and the features in games, so i take them out of the box and toss them out. i only have 5 amiibos though and i dont think any of them are particularly valuable.

I open all of mine and toss the boxes (since the cool backdrop picture usually tears when you open them, anyway). I just prefer displaying them in a glass case and actually using them in games to having them sit in their clunky boxes and collect dust.

I toss the boxes, I don't really plan to re-sell mine or stuff since I can use them for New Leaf (only reason I ever get amiibo for so) and the boxes just take space and look ugly.

I bought a Wal amiibo about 3 weeks ago and I'm still scared to open it...
It's too amazing lol

Though I rly want to use it in SMO to get Super WalaMario early on.

I think if I do open it, I'll open it very delicately and keep the box.

Thus far, I've just kept all of my amiibo in the boxes they came in. I don't really have much use for them other than display, as I only really bother to get characters I like, never bothered to use them for Super Smash Bros., and don't have a 3DS amiibo scanner. I might take them out of the boxes in the future if I switch up where they're displayed and think they'd look better loose.

I like displaying my Amiibo on my bookshelves, so I take them out of the box and toss the boxes away. As others have said, the backdrop image tears and is ruined anyway.

And I have zero plans to sell any of my Amiibo, so why bother keeping them MIB.

I take them all out of the box. If there is a cool picture in the background I will try to carefully open it and keep the back cardboard, but usually I just get rid of the box.

Speaking of ruining collectible value, I also paint some of them for fun. I am currently turning Epona Link into Ezio from Assassin's Creed and I want to make male Corrin into Lord Ghirahim.

amiiboW.jpg

I take them all out of the box. If there is a cool picture in the background I will try to carefully open it and keep the back cardboard, but usually I just get rid of the box.

Speaking of ruining collectible value, I also paint some of them for fun. I am currently turning Epona Link into Ezio from Assassin's Creed and I want to make male Corrin into Lord Ghirahim.

Dude I really like that Greninja, man nice job!

And yeah I can't really use them inside the box either so xD

All mine are out of the box. The packaging gets binned. I'm not a serious collector, I just like having them on my shelf.

All mine are out of the box. The packaging gets binned. I'm not a serious collector, I just like having them on my shelf.

Yeah, I get them for New Leaf more or less only because a good chunk gives villagers or cool items so yeah.

The only one I still have in the box is Wolf Link, and that's because it's still in the Twilight Princess CE which is still sealed because I can't be arsed playing it.

Mine are all out of the box, I had then displayed for a while in my apartment but my cat started knocking them off so I had to take them down:\ I'm trying to find a nice looking shelf or something I can put high enough that she won't mess with them. I don't keep the boxes either, I don't have enough space to store all of the empty packaging.

I take them out of the box and use them in their respective games. I have a question block storage case to stash the amiibos away, when they're not being used. And like many others who posted on this thread, I dispose the packaging.

I don't have any amiibos but if I ever get some I'll make sure to free them from their plastic prisons.

I like keeping some of my collector's edition and other gaming-related things sealed in their boxes but amiibo is not one of them. I take them out when I need to scan them then end up displaying them after.

Out. I dont care for them in the box. Id rather have them out & they look much cuter out of the box anyways.

I take mine out of the box. I don't have enough room on my shelves to keep the boxes, plus I'd rather be able to see and hold and use them.

Back