Favourite documentaries

Weiland

Flick Fanboy 🦎💞
Bells
Eggs
Old Eggs
Switch
7046-6089-3415
My favourite documentary series is Zero Hour (especially the Columbine and Oklahoma City Bombing episodes).
Another one would be Kurt Cobain: Montage of Heck. I adore Kurt, and I adore this beautiful documentary.
I also guess that the YouTube videos reviewing and talking about Randy Stair and his Suicide Tapes are documentaries, too? They're some of my favourites (especially BasedShaman's reviews of his tapes).
I also LOVE Mumkey Jones' Elliot Rodger leaked emails documentary.
I cannot wait for the Erik Menendez documentary coming out in a few days. Can't quite recall the name of it, though.

What about you guys? What're your favourite documentaries?

Last edited:
Duuuude, I love good documentaries. One of my film studies classes was solely about those more or less as well.

Mostly liking old 60s-70s works, predominantly more or less known Swedish stuff that's probably not too available (unless you do take film studies or go to odd cinemas showing 'em).

But I can recommend Concerning Violence (2014) to everyone, should be available online and dvd and whatnot, sadly Lauryn Hill kinda massacred the English version/voice-over for it lol. Contains a bunch of old sequences from swedish docu's so well worth a watch, if not for the music..for good or bad (you'll know what I mean if you watch it lol).

Also another real good and somewhat recent (2006) is Jos? Carlos Schwarz: A Voz do Povo. It's on youtube and is about a musician/activist/politician/poet whatnot from Guinea-Bissau. Might probably be more interesting if you've read up about Portugal's colonial wars and its history, but heck yeah well worth a watch and yeah again, his music is awesome.

probably "tickled". it's sick and twisted but that's what interests me, it's well done and different. if you check it out just be warned
i've also watched a lot of cult docs and "the end of the world cult" really stood out to me, it's just so bizarre

I'm a big fan of Ken Burns' documentaries and try to catch them whenever they are on PBS. Some of my favorites are Not For Ourselves Alone: Elizabeth Cady Stanton and Susan B. Anthony, Mark Twain, The Civil War, (heartbreaking), and The Roosevelts: An Intimate History (bought the DVD of that one).

I do occasionally enjoy some mockumentaries, as well, such as Mermaids: The Body Found and Dragons World: A Fantasy Made Real.

Last edited:
What the Health & Cowspiracy both changed my lifestyle for good (and for the better).

I also loved Blackfish too, you really see how SeaWorld is the absolute worst.

I believe all 3 are on netflix, check it out!!!

I love ufo documentaries! ‘I know what I saw’ is one of my favorites.
I also watched this amazing film called ‘Meru’ with my parents recently. It’s about mountain climbers

I've never really bothered with documentaries tbh.... I do remember watching one about internet addiction camps. Some of it was ****ed up lmfao - parents drugging their kids and locking them up there

I've never really bothered with documentaries tbh.... I do remember watching one about internet addiction camps. Some of it was ****ed up lmfao - parents drugging their kids and locking them up there

## ban nightmares.

as long as they are well-made and interesting I love them. What I hate are those overly polished and edited so it's just a flashy commercial for whatever opinion and it's not fun to watch at all, or if it's just uninteresting topics about people weighing 400 lbs. Like.. yea very interesting, not.

I mean I love those documentaries where the filmmaker actually has opinions and makes it visible in the film and don't just stand there filming a fat birb and stuff or just do one for money or "it's popular with the audience" or ****...

Last edited:
I love ufo documentaries! ?I know what I saw? is one of my favorites.
I also watched this amazing film called ?Meru? with my parents recently. It?s about mountain climbers

UFO documentaries are very intriguing. I love them. Can't think of any at the top of my head rn but I used to watch them when I was little.

ALSO I guess Lost Tapes is another documentary series I enjoy. I used to watch it when I was a kid and really, it scared the ever living **** out of me at the time. It's about "retellings" (apparently they're based on true stories but naaaah) of mythical creature encounters like the Thunderbird and poltergiests.

i just love conspiracy theory documentaries. i know some of them sound really out there and 80% of the time i don't believe the theory, but documentaries are really compelling. ALSO ALIENS. i looooove alien documentaries ughhh.

it's been awhile since i've watched any so i can't think of the titles off the top of my head. will edit if i remember.

soRRY, but yeah, I guess I'm put off by the amount of nature documentaries on TV hsnsns they're usually boring af to me

Yes they are, 99% of them because they either with that Attenborough dude or just polished and unmotivated as heck to watch. I tend to avoid those for a reason lol.

Food, Inc.”. Everyone should watch it at least once in their life. Maybe then people would actually start to think about what they shove down their throats all the time...

I’d also like to recommend “Earthlings”, although I found it extremely disturbing, personally. Sadly, it depicts the truth - and should really be watched by everyone.

Last edited:
Watched In the Year of the Pig yesterday and I will that to my favourite ones now, for sure.

I recommend pretty much everyone to watch it to be honest if you ever thought the Vietnam war was a good thing.

Back