Oops, I was supposed to meet Mac at 6:10pm

HappyTails

On Indefinite Hiatus
Bells
Eggs
Old Eggs
It is now 6:52pm. See this is why 'pick a time' doesn't work in this game. At 6:10pm I was writing a really harsh but true review on this horrible book I half read. I wasn't thinking about this game until just now.

Now I feel bad. :(

when I forget to meet up with a villager, I just don't play my game until the next day so they forget about me not coming over lmao

I don't feel bad though, because if you wanted to see my house or wanted me to see yours, should have just done it right away :)

I know right! I mean, people do have things to do outside of this game lol.

This is the 4th thread I made about this same topic XD

And this is why I never pick a time when visiting my or their house.

And this is why I never pick a time when visiting my or their house.

I need to stop picking times because I have things to do outside this game. Not important things but things nonetheless. I can't be trying remember that I need to log onto this game to visit a villager who really should have just visited me when I was on the game.

Edit: I just don't like telling my villagers no but I'm going to have to just make an exception.

Last edited:
Villagers would do this in Wild World, too. It's kind of annoying, if you ask me. Just in general, villagers asking for you to complete tasks for them out of nowhere can get irritating at times. I wish you could ask them for tasks anytime you want, like in GCN.

You can set your clock back to just before the meeting time, and they'll still show up or let you visit (depending on what the original arrangement was). It's like the forgetting part never happened. :)

edited to add: This only works if you haven't already spoken to them after missing the appointment time!

Last edited:
I've had this happen before, and what I've generally done is, as Athelwyn said in their post, time travel to a minute or two before the meeting time and do it that way, as I'm accustomed to time traveling as part of my normal playstyle. Sometimes I don't feel like doing so or happened to do something I'd rather not erase that happened after the designated meeting time, like caught a fish or insect that I hadn't before or unlocked a PWP suggestion. In those cases I either shrug it off entirely, as life happens, or I send the villager a letter apologizing for missing the appointment.

Xf9u8CW.jpg

l6Cwc4m - Imgur.jpg
Yeah,they get upset when you don't show up but they also forget about it in the next conversation.I think the game does the "pick a time" thing way too often.There's not much incentive to go visit a villagers house that you've already seen a million times(unless they have a piece of furniture you really want).

I can't even keep RL appointments. So I never make them in AC. I'll (rarely) go to their house, or mine, if it's a let's-go-now invitation.

I feel so guilty too when I accidentally stand my villagers up :( Thankfully they'll let bygones be bygones.
Honestly, a lot of times I'll rework my real-life plans to accommodate my virtual neighbours lol

One time I totally forgot about the appointment too, and I went to the villager to say sorry or whatever, and they were like "Oh I'm sorry I forgot to come over, I got really busy" or something and I was just like.. what?!

I just remembered that a villager wanted to come over mine and i forgot all about it. I even set it at a time where I would be relaxing and have no trouble playing but I guess I was so relaxed I forgot XD They should really add another option, like once you figure out they wanna see your house not at the time they asked to come over, there should be an option saying 'you know what i can't I got plans' or something like that. Like I don't mind them comning over when they ask, but its a hassle when they wanna come over a little later on, my memory is terrible~

Rip-
That's why an AC app should have something that you can set reminders on for meeting animals/a check-list for what different villagers want that way people don't forget

I literally never accept those time favours unless it's something I can do immediately (like the one where you fetch a villager for the one asking whilst they're in their house).

I also just time travel to the exact time I am supposed to meet them. Now if you don't time travel, that's hard core, old school :)

If a villager asks to visit your house or for you to visit theirs & they want to set a time sometime 30+mins in the future & you don't want to do it - the best advice is to refuse it. (originated on a Japanese forum) - this I think is the neutral response and doesn't affect friendship level.

What I do is accept and then press quit - the villagers seem to shrug, oh well another time then - but this probably reduces friendship level by a notch - the same as if you accept the appointment and then forget it.
No great shakes - send them a letter with a gift & you are even again.

If they ask to see your house/go to their house immediately - well I accept as its an easy way to notch up friendship plus they send a gift in the post.

Back