• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

Fishing Tourney Glitch?

Tiffany

🌜 from Lunasoleil 🌞
Bells
Switch
3772-7854-6594
Blue Christmas Stocking
Blue Train Engine
Sleek Train Car
Cute Train Car
Floral Train Car
Yellow Caboose
Crystal Tree
Lost Star Fragment 004.MB
Tockoid
Froggy Snowman
I'm a little behind in my game so I am currently on the Nov. Fishing Tourney. The fish to catch is carp. I have the high score with 28.30 inch. Problem is I just turned in a 28.50 inch and he said it's too small and the biggest is still 28.30! What the heck? Is there a way to fix this? I'm trying to get the tourney furniture.

Happened to me too.
I did a bit of TT'g that day, not to a different day, but I think that's why.

I didn't TT that day but I'm behind so I've been playing multiple game days in one real day trying to catch up. I got around the glitch though. I wasn't able to catch another carp that was bigger to see if it would happen again so I changed the time to 8:58 am(2 mins before the tourney began). My thinking was that at the start of the tourney the fish to beat would be smaller and I was right.23 point something inches. I was able to get several more pieces of the fish furniture very quickly this way. I read something that says you can only get half the furniture in the set per tourney so I stopped after 5. I remember the bug furniture being much harder to get. I think when you got the high score you got some random thing and only got the bug furniture if you hit a certain score. I'll have to remember to always start the tourney at the time it begins. Thanks.

There's two sets. One for tourney's with a specific fish, and one for tourney's that want the largest fish. :)

Oh ok I didn't know that. I got the floor, jellyfish lamp,octopus chair, red snapper chair,puffer fish tv and flounder table. That means I'll have to wait for the one with the largest fish to get the rest. Is there any order to when each one happens or is it random?

Same thing happened to me. Found out the game doesn't count anything after the decimal point.
So the villager that gave the 28 stays in first until you catch a 29 inch or higher fish.

That's odd because mine did count after the decimal point. When I went back and started the tourney over I had several that were point something bigger than the last and I got high score. This game is weird.

That's odd because mine did count after the decimal point. When I went back and started the tourney over I had several that were point something bigger than the last and I got high score. This game is weird.

So did mine!

Fish after the decimal point can count. The problem you had was a villager gave a 28.30 inch fish first. You gave a 28.50 fish next and the game doesn't count it when another player or villager gives it 1st.
That's when you need to catch something that is 29 inches or higher.

Back