• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

Would anyone be interested in this artstyle?

otomatoe

need to snack 24/7
Bells
Leif
Spring Shamrock
I want to open a commission sometime soon because I think it's a great way to help me improve my drawing characteristic and skill.
I especially want to do animals, pets; like cat, dogs, hamsters, etc.

I know that popular art with high demand are digital, anime-style, furry, and such.
Mine is just a simple, traditional, watercolor art. Nothing grand, nothing posh :p

You can see my artwork here

Do you think this type of art will get someone interested? :confused: Oh and I would also appreciate it if you guys can tell me if there's any particular site to promote my work and get commissioned :)

Thank you heaps, lovelies!!​

oh my gosh are you a professional children's lit. illustrator? or just passionate about it as a hobby? because this is like i'm looking at an actual children's book's art.

oh my gosh are you a professional children's lit. illustrator? or just passionate about it as a hobby? because this is like i'm looking at an actual children's book's art.

omg really? :'))) Thank you so much Stepheroo, I'm seriously flattered if you see it like that lol. I'm doing it as a hobby. I was a business school graduate, quit my job months ago, then I find more time to dig deeper into this hobby of mine, therefore I'm looking for ways to improve my skill :D Well, who knows someday I can contribute my drawings for actual kid lit ;')

wow i love your style!! it's so cute. i just followed you on insta, i'm @tinkaliladraws. <3

these look amazing! brings back memories of flipping through picture books as a kiddo

It's cute and sweet :3 It's nice to see a different style here other than the usual anime style. Btw I see you're from Jakarta. Have you tried selling stuff at markets like catalyst arts market? It's a pretty good platform to start out and get a footing on the arts/craft scene.

Aww I love your style! It definitely has a children's book vibe! As for websites, I recommend tumblr, deviantART, & toyhou.se! More of the last two I'd day. :)

Nice style, not one I've seen done by artists before (except of course in children's books).

Thank you everyone! Really, really appreciate all of your comments and input! <3

- - - Post Merge - - -

It's cute and sweet :3 It's nice to see a different style here other than the usual anime style. Btw I see you're from Jakarta. Have you tried selling stuff at markets like catalyst arts market? It's a pretty good platform to start out and get a footing on the arts/craft scene.

I am! Are you from Jakarta as well? haha. Thanks for the recommendation, I checked and looks like I miss the opportunity to register as a tenant. Maybe next time :) I should make my art more presentable and might as well turn it into wearable products tho ;D

Thank you everyone! Really, really appreciate all of your comments and input! <3

- - - Post Merge - - -

I am! Are you from Jakarta as well? haha. Thanks for the recommendation, I checked and looks like I miss the opportunity to register as a tenant. Maybe next time :) I should make my art more presentable and might as well turn it into wearable products tho ;D

Nope, but I'm based in Malaysia and our group did the art market there earlier this year! It was pretty good. You could do live requests if you have a booth maybe? I would get one!

Wow! Your art is honestly amazing! I love your style. It's so cute! I think people would definitely be interested-- I mean I would be! Keep up the good work! :D
(I follow you on insta btw!)

Last edited:
Your art style is truly adorable! I would love a head shot of my mayor in your style for my avatar.... Oh, or maybe my mayor & one of my villagers ... Oo, or art of my two rat boys.... so many options! I especially love how many of your animal pieces have conservation messages. I'm not on instagram but I'll follow your art on here for sure!

I STRONGLY prefer stuff like this over anime, digital, furry style drawings... Do it!

THANKS everyone! Posting here was not a mistake, really such a confidence booster. I can't thank you guys enough :')

I think I need to make separate thread for commissions in museum shop due to forum rule hehe :p

Back