Overwhelmed by so many flowers, please give me tips!

Tessie

50% sea 50% weed
Bells
Eggs
Old Eggs
Cake
Hey guys! So when I want to work on my town the one thing that always frustrates & overwhelms me is the ridiculous amounts of random flowers all over the place. I don't even know where to start to begin organizing :-( So many people have a particular flower of hybrids looking so nice all over their village and my village is just crazy

I'm thinking about just getting rid of them all (or maybe giving them away) so I can start new with flowers and go on from there.

How did you guys organize your town flowers?

Here is the mess in my town:

yKZjknc.jpg

fdxmmUT.jpg

dbPKMJo.jpg

cEigpOB.jpg

Thanks for any help :)

I just got rid of all my regular flowers and either sold them to Retail or gave them away. To organize my hybrids, I just separated them by type and color!

my own town is quite like that, actually :rolleyes: currently i just repurpose them over dirt spots to try to get the grass to grow back, and just leave the others be until i start landscaping more.
for hybrids that you want, maybe collect them all and put them all in one space and water them so they can slowly fill it up.

My main town is completely based off of hybrid flowers but the main pattern I used was a checkerboard pattern, pink and black, maybe do something similar in your town?

I kind of wait until the flowers grow hybrids, or have matching colours, then plant them to the corresponding house that matches.
But if I still have a bunch left over, I make a little flower pattern or a box swirl.

I tend to put my favorite non-hybrid flowers on my beach until I have a use for them. Ones I dislike I just dig up/run over/sell

For me, I sell off all the non-hybrids I don't plan on decorating or breeding with. It's okay - I can easily get more of those flowers from Island Tours. For Hybrids I don't decorate with, I simply store them, as they are in the realm of unorderables. There may be a time you wish to use them later, so keeping them stored will save you breeding time to get them.

Once you have only the flowers you want to decorate your town with left, take an attraction in your town as a starting point, place all flowers that were around it onto the beach, and ask this to yourself:

"How should I decorate this area for my own needs?"

Once you have a good idea, gather all the right flowers for decorating that attraction, and plant to suit your purposes. Sometimes, you may find your ideas unappealing after you decorated, so you keep trying other flower arrangements as time goes on.

Keep repeating this for every other attraction, and soon you will have a very neat and tidy town! Just make sure you pluck flowers that villagers may plant, and it will stay that way once you're finished.

Do understand, though: This doen't happen in a single day. Take your time on this process!

checker pattern the flowers (it looks a lot cooler if you have variant flower species mixed in, and if the colors work well with each other). It's simple, but works really well. And if you still have too many, just dispose of the extras.

My town x10 basically I like to keep them though since I love gardening there, sorta :p

But yeah I'd say sell or make a giveaway on the forums for people to come and pick?

I had flowers all over, and finally had to thin them out. I started figuring out a basic "look" for different areas, based on what trees I wanted, where houses and buildings are, how my paths run, etc.

Once that was set, I decided on a color scheme and type of flower for each house (usually two that coordinate/compliment the house colors).

Each area of town has a different bush creating hedges, creating little "neighborhoods" in town, so I tried to use flowers that go with them. I've got both regular and hybrid versions scattered along the edge of paths or tucked a square back off the edge between trees.

Try to focus on one area of your town at a time. It's much easier than going at the entire map all at once.

There's no such thing as having too many flowers lmao
My town is prob 95% flowers

I just organize them in sections based on color and flower type, doing a checkerboard pattern. If you organize them based on your town layout it can actually lighten up the place a lot :)

i organize mine by color. my town is primarily using white, purple, black and blue flowers. the rest are on the beach or i sold them to retail.

If I get annoyed by flowers I empty my pocket and then grab a bunch to sell at Retail. I hate that villagers plant random flowers with beautiful ordinance. They take longer to get rid of than actual weeds.

I just organize them by breed. Except pansies. Those things are banned in my town. I destroy them whenever they pop up.

i move all unwanted flowers into one spot in town

then i DESTROY THEM ... (⊙‿⊙)
running over flowers is such a great stress reliever

Almost the first thing I do in a new town is put flowers of my villagers favorite color around their houses (or as close as possible to their favorite). That uses up quite a few flowers. I do the mayor's house, too, of course, and the town hall, Re-Tail, and PWP's. I also cover all dirt spots with either one or two colors of flowers. I put flowers around the ponds...like how that looks.

In my one town I have no pink, red, black or orange flowers. In my other town I have no black, pink, or purple. I only use my favorite varieties...don't care for red or yellow lilies, white pansies, orange/red pansies, you get what I mean. I use flowers behind most of my bushes because I don't like having to look for gyroids, bamboo, etc, behind them.

My one town has a beach almost covered in white flowers, with a small qr path. The other beach is blue and yellow flowers.

HNI_0015.JPG

HNI_0039.JPG

My second town has a beach with red and yellow pansies exclusively. The other beach is mixture of red, yellow and white flowers of different varieties.

Have fun with being creative with your flowers! Lots of great thoughts and ideas in all the answers!

I had a hard time with this as well. I basically narrowed down what type of flower I wanted overall, and then what colors I wanted. My town is pretty much all pink, white and red roses. I do have a few roses in other colors like purple, black, and orange, but I put them next to specific buildings/houses. My goal is to eventually only have pink roses bordering the entire town and then the other hybrid colors by houses that go well with the colors of the other roses. I have the red and white roses set up so that they make pink hybrids and soon I will have my wish of an all pink border.

Back