• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

REEEEE! Plot reset frustration! Care to share an opinion??

Pippoh

Bells
So Fang is moving in from my cycling town and I'm doing the pattern trick for plot resets (it worked for all my other villagers with how I did it), but look at this

HNI_0065_JPG.JPG

Look at this. Unbelievable. It's like he's trolling me LOL
It's so close to where I want him but not quite there ahhh
This is like the 10[SUP]th[/SUP] time he's put his plot there in that same :mad: exact :mad: spot :mad: (along with a few other random places but my fault for missing some spots hehe.. xd)

Here's some context as to where I'm trying to put his house:
HNI_0066_JPG.JPG
HNI_0067_JPG.JPG
HNI_0068_JPG.JPG

I'm too lazy to count how many times I've resetted, but I'm still going strong
Any ideas what might be keeping him from parking his house there? I'm not sure if it's that street lamp, but Dobie next doors seemed to work fine with it there...
Do you think it's fate that he put his plot there, or should I keep trying til he moves in to that designated spot?? :confused:
I mean I could make do with that spot like that spot is okay...ish. and I could probably do something cute with the paths and stuff hmm :confused::confused:, but what do yall think?

replacing the flowers won't help bc they don't affect house placement (or else villagers wouldn't just ruin flower patches at all, right? ;; )

i think, since the house plot keeps going ON TOP of patterns, which shouldn't happen, that means that there are no valid unpatterned plot spaces available. i think the issue with the 3x3 place you want to place the house right now is that it's too close to the streetlight. the house spawning on top of patterns is a sign that the spot you picked is invalid. maybe pick a different spot to put that villager?

best of luck!!! :)

Thanks for the responses

Maybe you are right. I was a bit skeptical with the street lamp being there, but I figured it'd be okay for Fang to be able to move into that spot since it's the same amount of spaces away from that PWP as it is from Dobie's house (that purple house on the right) and far enough from the wall.

The same happened with just one of my other dreamies, and I had to pick another spot for her haha, but the rest did fine
I find it kinda funny how that spot is so ridiculously close to where I wanted him to be :p

Oh well :rolleyes: you live and you learn

Back