kpop

Once I saw on Tumblr fans wondering if they were too tall or too short for their Kpop bias, it was not even a joke, the whole page was about height and weight and if they fit the image of their bias' ideal woman.
OH GOD
Also I'm alright with fanfics most of the time, but when you start acting like they're reality...... cringe
"ew u can see tae doesnt like jimin he just wants 2 spend time with his bf jungkook" like nO....noO

NOPE. YOU DON'T DO THAT.
I feel so bad for the members of BTS, they are suddenly really famous and are getting a bunch of media attention. Then there's crazy ARMYs.

Have you seen FaceBook ARMYs, though? //shudder
They're really creepy and possessive, and for some reason all have terrible spelling and grammar

I just checked now, and some fan page is unironically calling them "Eomma Jin" and "Appa RM" (appa??)

- - - Post Merge - - -

sorry, I know that's like my third post ^, but some kpop stans just annoy tf out of me... Sometimes I wonder why the kpop community is so ****ing intense? Can we just enjoy a meme once in a while instead of screaming at each other about awards or ships.............smhh

Also I'm alright with fanfics most of the time, but when you start acting like they're reality...... cringe
"ew u can see tae doesnt like jimin he just wants 2 spend time with his bf jungkook" like nO....noO

Whoa.. Creepy.
Reminds me when my dashboard was filled with Free! (anime) fans who were pissy because Haru spent time with Rin in Australia; I have no interest in fanfics or ships so I didn't get what was going on.

I also heard about fans who bully or blackmail their once favorite band because the members dated someone they didn't approve of (or just date...) or whatever.

- - - Post Merge - - -

Have you seen FaceBook ARMYs, though? //shudder
They're really creepy and possessive, and for some reason all have terrible spelling and grammar

I just checked now, and some fan page is unironically calling them "Eomma Jin" and "Appa RM" (appa??)

- - - Post Merge - - -

sorry, I know that's like my third post ^, but some kpop stans just annoy tf out of me... Sometimes I wonder why the kpop community is so ****ing intense? Can we just enjoy a meme once in a while instead of screaming at each other about awards or ships.............smhh

I haven't, just a little scrolling on Twitter was enough to scare the s*** out of me, some were alright or apparently joking but some others just sound like psychos and bunny boilers.

"Eomma Jin" and "Appa RM"
Ah! Mom and dad, must be some inside joke/ship?. Mommy Jin and Daddy RM. I don't know, I don't get the wigs jokes either...one day I might Google all of this ;) or not (lazy person here)

...but while we are at it, I find it really cringy when they call them "oppa", especially when they are older than the guys O.O
(but I will let it pass...)

Yes they seems more intense than some other fans, not sure why...

Last edited:
oh one more thing lol, those fans who have weird usernames on YouTube like

jungkook's hat or something

Those I don't have an issue with because I'm like that too but it gets creepy when it's like

jimin's left buttcheek

I kid you not there is probably someone out there with a username like that or similar

Those I don't have an issue with because I'm like that too but it gets creepy when it's like

jimin's left buttcheek

I kid you not there is probably someone out there with a username like that or similar

I didn't find his left buttcheek, but I found his right.

But seriously. It's crazy what they do.

I don't really care about it-- don't like but I don't hate either. But the fanbase is really annoying though (for the most part).

Last edited:
Same ranking as other non-English songs for me, which is average.

I dont really know why it'sK-Pop that stands out compared to other music internationally; I guess it's because of typical fangirl phases and keeping up with whats trendy. Not to downplay them though cause I've seen some music videos and their production levels and ~dance moves~ are pretty good.

jimin's left buttcheek

Or you get 11 year olds with usernames like @dahddyjimin hnsnwbsbsvsgg

your opinions?

the choreography is perfection but most of the songs sound like your average pop imo

Pretty much what you said and a lot are the same too to be honest. Not a fan at all but yeah each to their own.

- - - Post Merge - - -

Or you get 11 year olds with usernames like @dahddyjimin hnsnwbsbsvsgg

God reminds me of those good ol' Gaiaonline days where people spammed (kpop dude) IS MY OPPA-CHAN CHIBI BUTTS like.. uh cringe harder.

I agree w op

I love watching them dance but the music is ehhh

Doesnt really hit me the way it does for kpop fans

I never got into Kpop and I personally don’t like.

Also (I’m not saying every fan is like this) but a lot of fans on social media can be very....unhealthy obsessive and attack people who don't like their favs. I've seen a loooooooooot of discourse over petty things. I can think of other things, but this post would be a very long post.

Again, I’m not saying the whole Kpop community is like this.

Honestly I'm a kpop fan (and I seem to be in the minority here) but I don't really invest too much in the fandom aspects and I just enjoy the groups and the music on my own. I don't care for how the artists get treated by their labels and the strict rules they're put under, and groups with huge fandoms have to deal with some really insane "fans" which is sad. I feel like they're not respected as people as much as they should be.

But the negatives aside, kpop as a whole makes me really happy. I'm very fussy about music but I find a lot of things I like in kpop that I can't find elsewhere. I love the involvement of the groups and how they don't just release and album and disappear like other artists do, and you get to see them more and it's just a fun and interesting bit of that world, so to speak. Also the language is beautiful. I love the way Korean sounds.

I don't care for how the artists get treated by their labels and the strict rules they're put under, and groups with huge fandoms have to deal with some really insane "fans" which is sad. I feel like they're not respected as people as much as they should be.

This too is even more wtf why I'm not a fan of this idol factory-produced music either...
--

But yeah the fandom _can_ be cringe af yes.

I am not into Kpop at all, but I don't hate it whatsoever.

But sometimes the die hard fans could be a little too much.
Lots of my friends are kpop fans, and they often flood my twitter timeline with thousands of kpop related retweets per hour so I need to mute them lol.

Also, once my fool mouth slipped. I commented that one dude hair color is a little bit off and unsuiting. Turns out he's one of the famous Kpop singer and you can imagine the hate and anger that went towards me :'D

Also, once my fool mouth slipped. I commented that one dude hair color is a little bit off and unsuiting. Turns out he's one of the famous Kpop singer and you can imagine the hate and anger that went towards me :'D

this is an example of those fans smh. Can't critique one thing about their idols without getting attacked lmao yet they say trash about other artists and expect not to get hate, what????

this is an example of those fans smh. Can't critique one thing about their idols without getting attacked lmao yet they say trash about other artists and expect not to get hate, what????

Yeah hahaha. I mean it's just a hair color (I know, might be a big deal for the fans), but I didn't mean to hurt anyone feelings just because I commented on someone's hair color :'D I seriously regret that and from then on, I never ever touch the Kpop fandom anymore.. I'm afraid I might said something wrong again and get roasted xD

^^^^this. or if you say a band you otherwise (or someone else) likes has one bad song and they go bat****, lmao.

Idk if the fandom of kpop/jpop other things are as crazy nowadays but those days when you had to remember everyone's name and birthdays etc. or you were not a "real" fan.. wth.

Back