• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

kpop

Yeah, but it's not even just the entertainment industry. Sometimes people in South Korea are pressured into fitting specific standards, & will do almost anything to fit those standards at times. South Korea has the second highest suicide rate in the world as well. Although, I think Jonghyun didn't get the care he needed either. I read somewhere that the doctor who was supposed to be helping Jonghyun just told him his issue was because of his personality or something along those lines.

Yes It's what I understood too according to the letter he left.

When they filmed the drama Goblin in my city the local staff said the Korean crew never took breaks, filmed for like 20h a day, barely eat and it was like that everyday, but it seems also the same for office workers and of course we are not talking about family and social pressures. A Korean artist I was following on Tumblr was saying that people she knew often criticized her on her appearance and weight even if she looked very thin (according to Canadian standards)

I am not really into kpop. Many of them are quite talented, no doubt, but it is just not my preferred type of music to listen to. I listened to some kpop when I was in middle school and high school but I preferred jpop and jrock at the time. I still listen to some jrock still but not the pop music anymore.

I am not really into kpop. Many of them are quite talented, no doubt, but it is just not my preferred type of music to listen to. I listened to some kpop when I was in middle school and high school but I preferred jpop and jrock at the time. I still listen to some jrock still but not the pop music anymore.

if you like asian music and rock
you might like to give these a try
its not pure rock music but it got some sense in it and its actually a concert of game music but there is a lot of good guitar and drums in there

Last edited:
It was very heartbreaking to hear about, & I'm still not entirely over it.
me too. i barely knew of SHINee, i had only heard of a few of their songs
i don't know why i feel so affected, maybe it's because i can relate to how he felt a lot.
it's sad to see someone who is so loved leave

Me: say those bts boys were pretty good on new Year’s rockin eve! I wonder what the lyrics to dna are...
Me:
b169e65bd8057f2c7fd77131444e71746ecf18da36be7fcab881501f6cd730a3.jpg

Last edited:
I like IU and Seventeen
Seventeen's music is really catchy but I guess it's still your average pop. Their choreography is amazing though.
As for IU, she's been around for a long time and her music is soo so good which explains why she's one of the most popular and respected artists in South Korea.

Last edited:
I did listen to kpop when I was a kid.. like fly to the sky, shinhwa, g.o.d, ses all those guys, late 90s early 2000s. I still like them because it's nostalgic. I also remember being obsessed with boa at some point. I know nothing about kpop now though, but I've always liked k-hip hop (I had a huge crush on tiger jk growing up u_u) and k-indie, especially because there was a venue near my school that played a lot of really good k-indie artists. The last era of kpop I listened to was 2ne1 and some groups around that time, even though I wasn't into it, a lot of my friends from school were so we'd always sing kpop songs at norebang (karaoke).

my favourite song to sing at norebang, i know by heart :'D

I really like 2NE1. Minzy u y leave

kpop is cool! i don't listen to it as much as i probably should, but a lot of the artists/groups still embrace a bubblegum-y side of pop music that i enjoy. western pop/chart music is usually very severe and bleak sounding by comparison

I got into K-Pop in Summer 2013. I remember discovering I Got a Boy by Girls Generation and I was really excited to listen to more songs in the genre. I remember that I kept replaying Growl by EXO and Why So Serious? and Ring Ding Dong by SHINee. I also remember listening to Rum Pum Pum Pum by (fx) I also discovered BTS the same year when they debuted with No More Dream, but I actually listened to Bulletproof first! :)

I'd say I am more of a multi-fandom k-pop fan because I love listening to songs from all groups and I want to help support rookie groups too (I listened to lots of rookie groups in 2016, but not so much last year) I also love solo artists, such as Hyuna and BoA. Recently I have been listening to k-pop songs from the 90s, and I really like some of them.

What I dislike is fanwars and sasaeng fans in the k-pop community

Overall, I love listening to different music genres and K-pop is one of the genres I really like! :D

I'm still listening to only BTS and EXO. I just discovered BTS's crystal snow, pied piper and sea last night and I've been listening to EXO's song Universe.

help me i was on my way out of kpop and everything became really boring but then in april my friend made me watch produce 101 and long story short now im into wanna one...... i cant believe this, i really became a fan of a temporary group that will disband in december wow this is going to hurt im regretting it every day but i just really adore those boys

i like girl groups mostly. loona is my favorite. i'm also a pretty big bts fan, i'm sad i wasn't able to go to their concert

Back