• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

kpop

It wasn't just about the awards. They dissed EXO from the beginning by putting an 'X' over their MAMA MV in their promo vid, and while that probably wasn't their intention, there were better ways to get whatever message they had across.

Then for the Best Asian Style Award, it was 100% based on tweets. The public can easily go to certain websites to see tweet statistics. They usually announce it at the beginning of the ceremony but instead chose to announce it right before EXO's performance when they were backstage?

That's another thing. I don't know about the entire order the setlist, but for MAMA to have the last four groups be EXO, Wanna One, Super Junior, and BTS in that order pissed off a lot of fans, putting a rookie group and a younger group after their seniors. Not to mention Super Junior flew all the way just to perform one song, get no award, and not even do the closing.

We led in voting for all the categories we were able to vote in, and while they say it only accounted for "30%" there were some categories where we had a SIGNIFICANT percentage lead over the actual winners. Not saying those groups/artists didn't deserve it, but a lot of it made no sense. What the hell was the point of doing illegal voting sweeps if voting didn't mean crap.

(Obvi there was a lot more that didn't make sense that had to and didn't have to do with EXO but ur making it seem likes L's are acting like sore losers and signing petitions just because boohoo we didn't win)

Yeah, the government petition is probably over the line, but you can't tell us to "chill." We're allowed to feel hurt and upset over this and we'll keep pulling out the receipts until we get answers lmao.

Fair, I guess only the "bad" EXO tweets were forwarded onto me, and the "chill" thing was directed at the fanwars between ARMYs and EXO-Ls, not for being upset over EXO's awards

Also I don't really get this whole "rookie" and "senior" thing? Who cares if one group is older or whatever? They all had their chance to perform

- - - Post Merge - - -

also yeah, I saw the 'x' thing... that was pretty bad ngl

Also I don't really get this whole "rookie" and "senior" thing? Who cares if one group is older or whatever? They all had their chance to perform

its a kpop/korean culture thing, and its always been like this - rookies respect their seniors, especially when those seniors are some of the most important hallyu wave groups, and as an extension, ceremonies and festivals put a certain order of performances to show respect to some groups. (so like, a 3 months old group wont perform last, and a very popular groups will always perform in the end part, as well as "achieved" and "important" groups like suju or bigbang)
groups like suju paved the way for everyone else, and for them to only get time for one song right after their comeback while a freshly debuted (by mnet, which also is why people didnt take it lightly) group gets more screen time, it passes off as kinda disrespectful. not to mention the everlasting cold war between mnet and sm. its a lot of politics and a lot of history (same with yg, they dont even attend mamas and for a good reason lol

hi guys
new kpop fan here
any vixx or shinee or winner lovers here?
i also like other groups such as exo, bts, snsd, twice, blackpink, red velvet and more

also this because spring day!!!!! jimin's dancing is??? beautiful ??? n they finally performed it instead of their usual rap..stuff... lol i wish their music was more like this eh :(

That's why I like them lol because "of their usual rap..stuff" (but not just that) I also like Spring Day, Butterfly..etc. I like that they have different kind of songs. I also noticed that several BTS fans are not people usually listening to Kpop.

Last edited:
That's why I like them lol because "of their usual rap..stuff" (but not just that) I also like Spring Day, Butterfly..etc. I like that they have different kind of songs. I also noticed that several BTS fans are not people usually listening to Kpop.

i only really like their more pop-ish and slow songs, im not too big on hh and rap unless a particular song "sticks" to me! i like some of suga's parts in their songs but the rest isnt really for me :>

- - - Post Merge - - -

I don't understand why it's so loved. Can someone explain?

i guess its the contrast between the kpop industry and well, the rest of music industries and genres and communities people are usually exposed to, especially on the western side. it stands out, and the fan culture is kind of more intense in kpop as well than lets say in england or somewhere like that. once youre in you start learning about it, see how the industry works and who those people are, you develop some sort of attatchment or admiration and... yeah. also people just appreciate the work and resources put into everything, even if its completely not your cup of tea you cant deny that the work those artists but into their performances is impressive

i only really like their more pop-ish and slow songs, im not too big on hh and rap unless a particular song "sticks" to me! i like some of suga's parts in their songs but the rest isnt really for me :>

Yes it's just a matter of preferences, when Blood, Sweat and Tears came out, lot of people loved it, but I wasn't too sure about it.
Same for other groups, sometimes I like a lot one of their popular song but the rest of the album is too mellow for me, but I'm not a real fan of Kpop or pop in general either so. :)

I'm not a fan of pop music in general, so....yeeaah.

so who loves red velvet peek a boo? i do

QUEENS!!!! they had so many bops this year
i had an out of body experience when i saw joy on the table in the peek a boo music video

Last edited:
QUEENS!!!! they had so many bops this year
i had an out of body experience when i saw joy on the table in the peek a boo music video

well , i do not consider myself a fan as i only like two songs of them so far but i think they are talented and +++visuals for sure

red velvet, exo, shinee, snsd , nct and others make me believe sm is really the best because truthfully.... sm produces damn good ****
like really good music , songs and music that blow my mind

i know blackpink and twice companies are also big and twice and blackpink make good songs too in my opinion , as i like those two groups as well but damn sm

I think it's a bit inaccurate to label all of k-pop as definite pop tbh
There's more hiphop and rap stuff, electro, rock, loads of **** idk

I'd assume they meant popular music like it in general, regardless of country? But yeah I agree regardless, not a fan of something modern of either genre tbh.

i said it in my last reply but im not into the mainstream korean music too much ... i dont live in korea anymore so i dont here about it any more and i seem to just stick with what i like

- - - Post Merge - - -

ah i meant hear instead of here

one of the most beautiful visuals in kpop

20142911196_ea6235f64d_o.jpg

I don't know much or anything about this but is there any other difference than origin between kpop and jpop?

well , i do not consider myself a fan as i only like two songs of them so far but i think they are talented and +++visuals for sure

red velvet, exo, shinee, snsd , nct and others make me believe sm is really the best because truthfully.... sm produces damn good ****
like really good music , songs and music that blow my mind

i know blackpink and twice companies are also big and twice and blackpink make good songs too in my opinion , as i like those two groups as well but damn sm

i may be biased because my favourite groups are from sm but they truly have amazing music and created a huuuge chunk of history. from h.o.t, shinhwa and boa to rv or exo, they really know how to put a group together and they have some of the best vocalists in the industry asdfgfd
i guess it depends on everyones taste because big three have very distinct styles, and some people love yg but hate the rest or love sm but hate yg or hate all of them because theyre bitter about their wealth lol

blackping and twice are also amazing!! i dont like most of twice's albums since its not really my style but their singles are always so catchy (i love knock knock and likey) and blackpink are just sooooo talented (though their first single, boombayah...or something? is unbearable to me lol but people love it) ;;;; and when it comes to big/popular girl groups, exid is amazing as well oommmggggg im so glad they hit it big

Last edited:
I not a fan of SM groups, I don't know why, I don't hate them either, and I do enjoy a few songs now and then but there is a little something that doesn't work with me and I can't tell what it is. Red Velvet is maybe the one I prefer from that company. My friend who IS the kpop fan, like pretty much all sm groups BUT Red Velvet. In fact she hates everything I like..so I guess it means I have no taste in that genre XD.

Back