kpop

I only really like BTS and a few 4Minute / Monsta X songs.
In general, I think it sounds like crap and doesn't do much for me, but I feel they put a lot more effort into their work than westerners (e.g: MVs, theories, choreography, performances, outfits, whatever)

It's ****ing crazy how much merch and how many albums these Korean groups release though hsnsnsnnsns like chill

I don't listen to it but I'm always captivated by the choreography in the music videos I've watched. The songs are catchy enough too :blush:

i dont care for most kpop groups now but oh man, i used to be really into it when i was 15-ish. the only groups i still love are exo and red velvet, the rest honestly either sucks or isnt my style

i think over the years the whole industry got..... really tiring? messY/ hectic? like i honestly dont see how stanning more than one group can be a pleasant experience as theres so much stressfull things happening (comebacks and scandals and ythen you also worry about your faves being overworked and about the charts and music show awards and everythng else omg) and everyone has to compete against each other its so toxic lol..... at some point it just becomes sort of repetitive, if you dont pay attention the whole industry blurs into one thing

aaaand then there are some of the fans, either really obsessed, really edgy or full on koreaboos and some popular groups are unfortunate enough to pick up on the influx of new fans (who are usually one of the three types or all at once rip) every now and then, thus leading to HUGE fanwars. which is tiring. so tiring. why is everything about kpop so. tiring.

plus its hard to support the companies and even groups knowing how mistreated they all are, how hard they work in exchange for not enough money while the ceos are partying etc, there were so manny issues about slave contracts or companies pushing kpop idols beyond their limits and hurting them in the process solely for the money :/

but either way, exo are kings stan exo and most importantly, stan park chanyeol

Last edited:
It's ****ing crazy how much merch and how many albums these Korean groups release though hsnsnsnnsns like chill

THIS asdfghj and how expensive it all is omg theyre literally money machines and its kinda sad

tbh probably gonna get attacked for this but hey, it's my opinion. you have yours and i have mine.

tbh, I feel like kpop is kinda overrated. I feel bad for all the popular groups like BTS and EXO who are probably gaining a bunch of toxic fans daily, like the ones who start wars with other fandoms for no reason at all, koreaboos, those who ship some of the band members and turn it into something worse LARRIES IM LOOKING AT YOU, etc. I've known about kpop for awhile because one of my best friends is a huge fan, but I haven't seen other kpop actually become popular until late last year.

It's also super annoying to be on YouTube and be on someone's video and then all of a sudden someone comments "ARMY WHERE U AT" and it gets top comment like ??? the video literally has nothing to do with kpop but yet u somehow bring kpop into it..

I understand that it's not the entire fandom. It's just those fans that drive me nuts.

it's also annoying because when my friends are fangirling over their idols I'm just sitting alone and can't relate lmao... Or they'll be laughing about something and it's like "oh ur not a fan so you wouldn't get it" like they're shaming me because I'm not a fan? I've tried listening to their music and it's just not my taste

but yeah that's my opinion lol. I don't hate kpop but I don't like it either

I listen to it. I listen to a ton of groups and don't wanna list them all.

I personally think some ARMYs are super annoying. Seeing "ARMY WHERE U AT" on a video not related to it at all is annoying. Talking about BTS on a BTS video is cool, but on like a life hack video?

Visually, they interest me. But it couldn't be further away from my interests musically.

This. It's not my thing, but more power to those who enjoy it!

I do however, think it's awful the toxic culture most of these artists are forced to participate in. They're over-worked and put under far too much pressure.

i love some of its aesthetics but i tried to get into it and i didnt really liked it

- - - Post Merge - - -

I listen to it. I listen to a ton of groups and don't wanna list them all.

I personally think some ARMYs are super annoying. Seeing "ARMY WHERE U AT" on a video not related to it at all is annoying. Talking about BTS on a BTS video is cool, but on like a life hack video?

yeah armys are annoying too

it's not my thing personally. if you like it then cool! though it is kind of off-putting when a tumblr mutual suddenly transforms into a kpop blog and then i have no idea who they are..

I usually don't have any interest in pop, dance, hip hop...etc Just listening to obscur bands nobody knows..(joke)

..But my friend is a huge fan and I wanna know more about it, because she kept talking about bands I didn't know and it was..a bit sad. At first it wasn't my cup of tea but the videos were entertaining and some songs catchy, best background music when I was cleaning up the house, but those groups she liked had too many ballads and it bored me with the time ....So I tried to find some by myself and found BTS (like 4 years ago) which was more interesting to me, but my friend hates it (she hates all Kpop I like). So I'm listening to a bit of it for various reasons, sometimes just because it's funny (Strawberry milk) or cute, or catchy..
However I have no interest in bias (don't get it), hair color, what they are eating for breakfast and find Kpop fandoms quite scary. (too intense for me)

However I have no interest in bias (don't get it), hair color, what they are eating for breakfast and find Kpop fandoms quite scary. (too intense for me)

Same, honestly. They can get way too intense over a little thing. "OMG MY FAVORITE IDOL WEIGHS THIS MUCH"
Some of them are too obsessed over their groups/bias.

Same, honestly. They can get way too intense over a little thing. "OMG MY FAVORITE IDOL WEIGHS THIS MUCH"
Some of them are too obsessed over their groups/bias.

Once I saw on Tumblr fans wondering if they were too tall or too short for their Kpop bias, it was not even a joke, the whole page was about height and weight and if they fit the image of their bias' ideal woman.

Also I'm alright with fanfics most of the time, but when you start acting like they're reality...... cringe
"ew u can see tae doesnt like jimin he just wants 2 spend time with his bf jungkook" like nO....noO

I'm personally a big fan of BTS and Red Velvet, however I also really love this under rated band called dreamcatchers, Their songs sound like jrock/ anime opening themes and have a very interesting horror vibe to them. :)

Also I'm alright with fanfics most of the time, but when you start acting like they're reality...... cringe
"ew u can see tae doesnt like jimin he just wants 2 spend time with his bf jungkook" like nO....noO

ioh my god same kjhgfdfghjk baekyeol and kaisoo shippers in the exo fandom are straight up CRAZY, attacking people and the idols themselves for not acting like they want them to act etc.....

WHILE WE'RE AT IT, THE DATING CULTURE in the kpop industry is ridiculous, dating is considered a scandal and the fans will rip their fave to shreds for so much as having dating rumours jknssjksadjkdsjk im glad my faves are getting older and so are their fans bc that means there wont be such a reaction but the newer, younger fandoms.... oh man. i feel so bad for those idols, their lives are crazy as it is, they got obsessive stalker fans and then to top it off they cant even date or fool around with anyone because said obsessive fans will somehow find out about it lol

- - - Post Merge - - -

I feel bad for all the popular groups like BTS and EXO who are probably gaining a bunch of toxic fans daily, like the ones who start wars with other fandoms for no reason at all, koreaboos, those who ship some of the band members and turn it into something worse LARRIES IM LOOKING AT YOU, etc. I've known about kpop for awhile because one of my best friends is a huge fan, but I haven't seen other kpop actually become popular until late last year.

rip half of bts' current fandom is made up of one direction fans who got bored during the break asdfghjkjhgf i feel so bad for that group seriously some of those fans are so embarassing (not to mention literally racist sdfghjk) exo has them too but for some reason most of the loud ones are armys? i think its because bts gets noticed by american media more and therefore pick up more of that trash :/

and yeah, shipping in the kpop fandoms is on a similar level to The Larry Conspiracy, it's so crazy tssssk

Last edited:
Back