• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

kpop

I commented that one dude hair color is a little bit off and unsuiting. Turns out he's one of the famous Kpop singer and you can imagine the hate and anger that went towards me :'D

^^^^^^^^ thIS SO MUCH

I commented on an EXO music video that the song reminded me of another, and I got about 50 comments screaming at me and insulting me, saying I "didn't deserve" to be this or that.......like what even

- - - Post Merge - - -

Er. .. is it weirdd that I hate the music but I still love BTS?

yes very you should back of my oppars
oppar jdope is mine back of

i paid a lot of money to see exo, even drove 12 hours one way and back for it. but they got me through some really hard depressive times and kpop was one of my only outlets back then. i still enjoy the music, but i feel like at the same time i'm not as crazy about it as i was a few years ago. i adore their work and dedication and i'll still listen to my faves and such, but i grew out of the huge kpop stan phase. but i wouldn't dog on someone else for still liking it. more power to them, honestly. music is one of those things that transcends language and that's really ****ing cool if you ask me.

music is one of those things that transcends language and that's really ****ing cool if you ask me.

^^^^^This this.

Oh well the (imaginative) look on people's faces when I tell them I like Portuguese (and some West African) music lol. Yet people most of the times don't wiggle an eyebrow when people like j/k/etc. pop lol

^^^^^This this.

Oh well the (imaginative) look on people's faces when I tell them I like Portuguese (and some West African) music lol. Yet people most of the times don't wiggle an eyebrow when people like j/k/etc. pop lol

And when your mother tongue is not English, pretty much everything is in a foreign language lol

And when your mother tongue is not English, pretty much everything is in a foreign language lol

Mine is Swedish, so yeah technically English is "foreign" to me too :p

Nah, back on topic though. There are some old Korean music I like, but yeah not into modern things.

^^^^^This this.

Yeah, it can happen the other way round too. Like everyone's chill with Despacito playing, but they find it strange to have something Korean on the radio

Yeah, it can happen the other way round too. Like everyone's chill with Despacito playing, but they find it strange to have something Korean on the radio

People probably "like" it because he took in that Beaver dude on it lol, I doubt a lot of people get the song anyway...

I listen to a few groups these days, I was into it more a few years ago. But I will have to say, it's high quality pop music. I wasn't super into pop music before getting into Kpop, but it helped me appreciate just how darn catchy pop music can be. Can't blame people for being wary of the fan culture surrounding it, it can get pretty edgelord-y, some groups more than others, and I tend to stay away from those groups partly because of that.

But that said, f(x) and SHINee are my faves, I saw SHINee in Toronto earlier this year and it was a highlight of my year. I'm not into many groups that debuted after 2013 though lol, except for Dreamcatcher, they've caught my eye/ear. Other kpop groups I listen to are B1A4, Wonder Girls, APink, 2pm, and INFINITE.

Not to be over dramatic but The Chaser belongs in some kind of museum of art.

But yeah, beyond the slammin' pop jams, there's some really cool stuff that happens in Kpop if you look hard enough.

Last edited:
i think it's mediocre. not my thing and the fandom isn't great but what do ya know all fandoms are annoying somewhat

i don't really stick to a particular k-pop group ... i never got into the whole thing of geeking out over k-pop / boy bands... ( though i do appreciate EXO's music! )

however, i really, reaaaallly adore IU; not only as a singer, but a person as well. i adore her music and i appreciate how much she's grown in her years of being a singer / actress. as far as my favorite songs go, it's extremely hard to pick ... all of her stuff is amazing!

i don't really stick to a particular k-pop group ... i never got into the whole thing of geeking out over k-pop / boy bands... ( though i do appreciate EXO's music! )

however, i really, reaaaallly adore IU; not only as a singer, but a person as well. i adore her music and i appreciate how much she's grown in her years of being a singer / actress. as far as my favorite songs go, it's extremely hard to pick ... all of her stuff is amazing!

oh i know this song, her voice is real soothing

I literally only just watched this video hsnsn
Not really my thing, unfortunately

it's awards season so have some nice vids of exo to commemorate their annual daesang sweep :')

ahh kyungsoos voice ;-;

their concerts are out of this world... the vcr, the stage set ups, everything... wtf!!!!!!!

this performance is pure art (jongin isnt human) and the remix of power!!! slapped!!!!

love it when exo turn festivals/award shows into their concerts lol, the fans are incredible

also this because spring day!!!!! jimin's dancing is??? beautiful ??? n they finally performed it instead of their usual rap..stuff... lol i wish their music was more like this eh :(

but lmao of course we cant enjoy the award season and be happy for the winners because the two fandoms are jumping to each other's throats dfghgfdsasdfg i really would love for people to just chill and appreciate that both exo and bts are thriving right now and that there's no need for one to step down (after all most awards have more than one daesang lol they can share!!!!!)

Meh it's fine.
Lol, the other day me and my friend had a massive convo about kpop

it's awards season so have some nice vids of exo to commemorate their annual daesang sweep :')

ahh kyungsoos voice ;-;

their concerts are out of this world... the vcr, the stage set ups, everything... wtf!!!!!!!

this performance is pure art (jongin isnt human) and the remix of power!!! slapped!!!!

love it when exo turn festivals/award shows into their concerts lol, the fans are incredible

also this because spring day!!!!! jimin's dancing is??? beautiful ??? n they finally performed it instead of their usual rap..stuff... lol i wish their music was more like this eh :(

but lmao of course we cant enjoy the award season and be happy for the winners because the two fandoms are jumping to each other's throats dfghgfdsasdfg i really would love for people to just chill and appreciate that both exo and bts are thriving right now and that there's no need for one to step down (after all most awards have more than one daesang lol they can share!!!!!)

Aah yeah, I'm so glad BTS won those awards (and Yoongi too omf) but fandoms need to chill
I heard some EXO-Ls were signing petitions to get MAMA cancelled or something because EXO didn't win some awards or whatever... and then we've got the general ARMYs vs EXO-Ls on Twitter o ops.

Last edited:
Aah yeah, I'm so glad BTS won those awards (and Yoongi too omf) but fandoms need to chill
I heard some EXO-Ls were signing petitions to get MAMA cancelled or something because EXO didn't win some awards or whatever... and then we've got the general ARMYs vs EXO-Ls on Twitter o ops.
me too omg and im so glad both bts and exo got a daesang each so far, less reasons to fight (imagine what would happen if one of these groups got both/the other didnt get anything.. hell would break loose)

and omg the petition..... someone started that and somehow it spread everywhere, but from what ive seen on stan twitter korean exo-ls are yelling at everyone not to sign it, i mean honestly, a way to ruin the groups reputation smh

It wasn't just about the awards. They dissed EXO from the beginning by putting an 'X' over their MAMA MV in their promo vid, and while that probably wasn't their intention, there were better ways to get whatever message they had across.

Then for the Best Asian Style Award, it was 100% based on tweets. The public can easily go to certain websites to see tweet statistics. They usually announce it at the beginning of the ceremony but instead chose to announce it right before EXO's performance when they were backstage?

That's another thing. I don't know about the entire order the setlist, but for MAMA to have the last four groups be EXO, Wanna One, Super Junior, and BTS in that order pissed off a lot of fans, putting a rookie group and a younger group after their seniors. Not to mention Super Junior flew all the way just to perform one song, get no award, and not even do the closing.

We led in voting for all the categories we were able to vote in, and while they say it only accounted for "30%" there were some categories where we had a SIGNIFICANT percentage lead over the actual winners. Not saying those groups/artists didn't deserve it, but a lot of it made no sense. What the hell was the point of doing illegal voting sweeps if voting didn't mean crap.

(Obvi there was a lot more that didn't make sense that had to and didn't have to do with EXO but ur making it seem likes L's are acting like sore losers and signing petitions just because boohoo we didn't win)

Yeah, the government petition is probably over the line, but you can't tell us to "chill." We're allowed to feel hurt and upset over this and we'll keep pulling out the receipts until we get answers lmao.

Last edited:
It wasn't just about the awards. They dissed EXO from the beginning by putting an 'X' over their MAMA MV in their promo vid, and while that probably wasn't their intention, there were better ways to get whatever message they had across.

Then for the Best Asian Style Award, it was 100% based on tweets. The public can easily go to certain websites to see tweet statistics. They usually announce it at the beginning of the ceremony but instead chose to announce it right before EXO's performance when they were backstage?

That's another thing. I don't know about the entire order the setlist, but for MAMA to have the last four groups be EXO, Wanna One, Super Junior, and BTS in that order pissed off a lot of fans, putting a rookie group and a younger group after their seniors. Not to mention Super Junior flew all the way just to perform one song, get no award, and not even do the closing.

We led in voting for all the categories we were able to vote in, and while they say it only accounted for "30%" there were some categories where we had a SIGNIFICANT percentage lead over the actual winners. Not saying those groups/artists didn't deserve it, but a lot of it made no sense. What the hell was the point of doing illegal voting sweeps if voting didn't mean crap.

(Obvi there was a lot more that didn't make sense that had to and didn't have to do with EXO but ur making it seem likes L's are acting like sore losers and signing petitions just because boohoo we didn't win)

Yeah, the government petition is probably over the line, but you can't tell us to "chill." We're allowed to feel hurt and upset over this and we'll keep pulling out the receipts until we get answers lmao.

^^^^^^ this
i rly didnt want to get too heated here but didnt they also put something like "no one can stay as no.1 forever" in one of the vcrs??? with the x and everything else mnet has done to exo this and in the past years clearly implies they want them gone. lmao honestly sfdfga also the style award, we had way more tweets, trended above the other groups and still didnt get the award just because exo were backstage preparing to perform dfghj talk about taking the "attendance awards" to a whole new level
................. not even going to mention the wax seal thing, or the fact that majority of the sow was made up of sm artists' performances. a rookie group gets a long ass performance near the end while one of the sec gen legends has to perform one song.
still though, the petition is idiotic and it really is going to make exo look bad if people dont stop signing it lol

(i really wish people would stop fighting though like this fanwar is so ridiculous sometimes)

also justice for winner and red velvet lmao they crushed everyone on the chartsand yet,, signal got soty. winner didnt even make it to the nominees. what kind of a joke

Last edited:
Back