• The closing ceremony for TBT's Farewell to New Leaf event has been posted! View the winning entries and other closing announcements here. Thanks for joining in on the fun and nostalgia. We'll see you this Friday night for the start of our annual Easter Egg Hunt!

kpop

idk much about kpop but i do love amber liu a lot. she's an angel.

I was massively into K-pop 2009-2012 and even saw Big Bang live in 2012. Nowadays though it's not really my thing with the exception of NU'EST. I did go and see G-Dragon live a couple of months ago though for nostalgias sake, and the set list consisted of a lot of his 2009-2012 discography anyway.

:)

Last edited:
I recently just got into K-Pop. I really enjoy most BTS songs and a couple from EXO but I'm not really into the girl groups. I find the girl groups to be kinda eh.

I've noticed that BTS and EXO fans can be pretty crazy but I guess that's how it gets with some fandoms.

Last edited:
i've seen it get really popular recently, but i've never really got into it myself. people i know love it, and sometimes i listen to it second-hand, but i'm just not really invested. maybe it's because i know the fandoms are really aggressive sometimes, which usually makes me avoid certain band groups (like 21 pilots) or tv shows (like supergirl), or because i'm more of a musicals type of girl. their dancing is really good, i won't lie

I'm not really interested in the music but the choreography is quite charming. However it isn't enough to captivate me, I need to understand the music and feel the peoples voices; the language barriers make it hard for me to bond with k-pop.

Western Music usually go for metaphors when it comes to treatment of certain groups of people, sex, fashion and so on, whereas Eastern Music have very interesting videos which would grasp anyone's attention, I don't understand them though so I don't have a real interest in them.

idk much about kpop but i do love amber liu a lot. she's an angel.

Ah yes, Amber is lovely.

I personally love K-Pop (kinda obvious), but that doesn't mean I love every K-Pop sound that is dropped. I love many K-Pop songs, but there are many songs I don't enjoy as well. I enjoy the dancing aspect in the K-Pop industry as well.

Last edited:
someone I follow on twitter is into kpop, and I saw that an idol apparently committed suicide recently. :(
These poor people are put under far too much pressure to be perfect. RIP

someone I follow on twitter is into kpop, and I saw that an idol apparently committed suicide recently. :(
These poor people are put under far too much pressure to be perfect. RIP

Yes, Kim Jonghyun from SHINee. He was such an amazing and talented man, and he left this world way too soon. He had even been posting on his Instagram cries for help (he had depression), but he was continually forced to work harder.

Last edited:
i grew up with shinee and honestly jonghyun's death was shocking and horrifiying, but may he rest in peace.

1990-2017

i almost didn't believe it when i heard the news...
a friend (?) posted his suicide note on instagram and the last few lines were heartbreaking

"It wasn’t my responsibility to go against the world.
It wasn‘t my path to become world-famous.
That’s why they say it‘s hard to go against the world and to become famous. Why did I choose this path? It’s quite funny now that I think about it.
It‘s a miracle that I endured through it all this time.
What more can I say. Just tell me “good job.”
You did great. Tell me I suffered enough.
Even though you can’t laugh right now, just don‘t send me off blaming me.
Good job.
You suffered a great deal.
Good-bye."

My friends got me into it in High School and I still like it, then again I will pretty much listen to anything. I mostly just like Kpop for the beat, very catchy and so on. Never saw the videos except for Wonder Boy and Opera. Those two were kinda cool.

i almost didn't believe it when i heard the news...
a friend (?) posted his suicide note on instagram and the last few lines were heartbreaking

"It wasn’t my responsibility to go against the world.
It wasn‘t my path to become world-famous.
That’s why they say it‘s hard to go against the world and to become famous. Why did I choose this path? It’s quite funny now that I think about it.
It‘s a miracle that I endured through it all this time.
What more can I say. Just tell me “good job.”
You did great. Tell me I suffered enough.
Even though you can’t laugh right now, just don‘t send me off blaming me.
Good job.
You suffered a great deal.
Good-bye."

I read his suicide note... My heart broke.

My friend is a big SHINee fan and she was so sad yesterday. I hate seeing her sad because she always wants people to be happy. She wasn't at school today, and I feel so bad.

jon.png

i am still hurting , this is just terrible :(

you a shawol too?

- - - Post Merge - - -

you a shawol too?

I don't know if I'd call myself a Shawol, but even before Jonghyun's death I loved SHINee & their music. It was very heartbreaking to hear about, & I'm still not entirely over it. Oddly enough, listening to SHINee & Jonghyun's songs has helped me cope with it.

I didn't really know SHINee, maybe just a few songs, I know mostly Minho from TV shows, dramas, but even so, it saddened me. I feel like he didn't get the help he needed and was left all alone to deal with depression, although I don't know all the story. Also I'm under the impression that people in the entertainment industry in Korea are not treated too well but maybe it's just the same for everybody.

I didn't really know SHINee, maybe just a few songs, I know mostly Minho from TV shows, dramas, but even so, it saddened me. I feel like he didn't get the help he needed and was left all alone to deal with depression, although I don't know all the story. Also I'm under the impression that people in the entertainment industry in Korea are not treated too well but maybe it's just the same for everybody.

Yeah, but it's not even just the entertainment industry. Sometimes people in South Korea are pressured into fitting specific standards, & will do almost anything to fit those standards at times. South Korea has the second highest suicide rate in the world as well. Although, I think Jonghyun didn't get the care he needed either. I read somewhere that the doctor who was supposed to be helping Jonghyun just told him his issue was because of his personality or something along those lines.

Back