Logged in after a year or so....

Eravir

Bells
Eggs
Old Eggs
Got really excited to play because of the new mobile launch so I decided I wanted to do New Leaf again in my down time.

However my entire map is rearranged and my house has one room now.

I had nearly a full house, and thought that if I paid off my house loan Id get my rooms back.

Nope.

Any idea whats going on here? There is a lot I don't know about this game...

Did you reset the game or start a new town? That’s the only way the town map could change shape and your house downsize.

What Hsn97 said. Otherwise, I'm completely stumped. Was it a cartridge or digital copy? Had you upgraded to Welcome Amiibo? I think I've read maybe two other posts similar to this over the last few months and the posters didn't know why it had happened to their games either. They turned on the game expecting their old town and the whole thing was just reset instead. Sorry that happened to you and that so far we don't have better answers for you.

Is everything else different or is it just those things?
Otherwise you may have reset your town right before you stopped playing and forgot you did

Thanks for the replies. This whole ordeal sounds like a crazy fluke.

I recently noticed that I have all of my original items. (Zodiac items/rococo furniture, etc)
It looks like somehow my house downsized at one point and my map/house location changed.
I updated to the Amiibo dlc and suddenly everything seems strange.

I had gone to upgrade my house and see maybe if giving him bells would work, but after I gave him 38900 bells, nothing changed.

Its super strange. So I just decided to liquidate and give my items to someone and help transfer them to a new map in hopes that it works.

Last edited:
Probably some data issue. Did you go on your game before you updated to welcome amiibo? Or did this all happen after?

Probably some data issue. Did you go on your game before you updated to welcome amiibo? Or did this all happen after?

I didn't try to. Thinking that the update was mandatory in order to start it.
I don't play 3DS games often, but since I'm on vacation I thought I'd start up.
Its probably been over a year since I've played AC:NL.

However from what I remember of my town, everything is very different. Including the fact I now only have the starter room in my house, and not the upstairs or three other expanding rooms.

Did anyone have access to your game besides you? A sibling? Siblings restarting seems to be a common ailment around here.

I didn't try to. Thinking that the update was mandatory in order to start it.
I don't play 3DS games often, but since I'm on vacation I thought I'd start up.
Its probably been over a year since I've played AC:NL.

However from what I remember of my town, everything is very different. Including the fact I now only have the starter room in my house, and not the upstairs or three other expanding rooms.

Well, unless you forgot that you restarted and transferred your items back to your "new" town.....maybe because you were inactive for so long and suddenly updated, your game went wonky.

I'm not sure how to fix this, but if nothing is really working, might be better to reset.

Did anyone have access to your game besides you? A sibling? Siblings restarting seems to be a common ailment around here.

Lol no, siblings are not a problem here. But it's a sound idea. Haha

- - - Post Merge - - -

Well, unless you forgot that you restarted and transferred your items back to your "new" town.....maybe because you were inactive for so long and suddenly updated, your game went wonky.

I'm not sure how to fix this, but if nothing is really working, might be better to reset.

Hmmm

Is it possible to restart your town and transfer all your items without having to go through friends or something?

Lol no, siblings are not a problem here. But it's a sound idea. Haha

- - - Post Merge - - -

Hmmm

Is it possible to restart your town and transfer all your items without having to go through friends or something?

I don't believe so, you can keep your catalog but not everything in house; people here are generally trustworthy in holding stuff for resets. :)

Last edited:
I think that, as everyone is saying, you may have simply restarted before you went on hiatus. That is the only thing I can think of since the update shouldn't change anything, seeing as how I started from scratch a week ago and then updated my game without complication.

Regardless I am sorry hear about your predicament :-/

I think that, as everyone is saying, you may have simply restarted before you went on hiatus. That is the only thing I can think of since the update shouldn't change anything, seeing as how I started from scratch a week ago and then updated my game without complication.

Regardless I am sorry hear about your predicament :-/

Its the weirdest thing though. All of my houses are basically new residents because of how long its been.
My rococo furniture was all in one single room, and my clothing/character model was the same.

The progress of buildings or shops that were open hadn't changed either, which without the same amount of play time would be improbable right?

I haven't the slightest... /sigh

Thankfully a friend of mine might be able to hold items for my reset ;~;

I've never of this happening before :eek: I'm sorry you have to deal with it, it's very unfortunate :(

If you're resetting, and your town tree grew big enough to sit on and roll your town credits (play 50 hours/50 days), you have the option to sell your town to Tom Nook when you reset, as was introduced in the update. You go through the process as normal and he will appear after Isabelle, then appraise your town to see its worth. Most have a value of many millions of bells. You can also sell your catalog or keep it for your new game. All the bells will be transferred to your ABD so you have a good place to start.

I wish you luck on your new town, I hope you'll create a lot more good memories.

Back