• The closing ceremony for TBT's Farewell to New Leaf event has been posted! View the winning entries and other closing announcements here. Thanks for joining in on the fun and nostalgia. We'll see you this Friday night for the start of our annual Easter Egg Hunt!

Nintendo Switch's first Christmas

There is a great lineup, you just always seem to have a negative opinion about the switch other than the two Nintendo games you actually give a toss about.

There is from my memory:

Xenoblade Chronicles 2
Pokemon
Metroid Prime 4
Yoshi
Kirby

The first three could all be great (even though I personally only care about Pokemon), but the latter two of them have no real release timeline and we could end up with a New Leaf situation where the games keep on getting delayed for several quarters. Plus Pokemon has really gone downhill with Generation VII. But I'll hold off thinking too pessimistically about Pokemon just yet.

The last two, though? They are B-tier titles. They're pretty much just the same side-scrolling adventures over and over and over again with little gimmicks. Better than New Super Mario Bros, I suppose; however, I'm not sure I could muster much more enthusiasm to make it through them than NSMB.

Sorry, but I just don't see the mind-blowing first party lineup that Switch fans are making such a big deal about. It's not anything extraordinary. Don't get me wrong - releasing a Metroid Prime 4 is a pretty big deal, but they still need to have more titles out there for people who aren't into that kind of game.

Back