• The closing ceremony for TBT's Farewell to New Leaf event has been posted! View the winning entries and other closing announcements here. Thanks for joining in on the fun and nostalgia. We'll see you this Friday night for the start of our annual Easter Egg Hunt!

What is the Best Species of Villager in Animal Crossing New Leaf?

???

• Alligator

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Anteater

Votes: 3 2.3%
  • Bear

Votes: 1 0.8%
  • Bull

• Cat

Votes: 17 12.8%
  • Chicken

• Cow

• Cub

Votes: 6 4.5%
  • Deer

Votes: 17 12.8%
  • Dog

Votes: 5 3.8%
  • Duck

Votes: 5 3.8%
  • Eagle

Votes: 2 1.5%
  • Elephant

• Frog

• Goat

• Gorilla

• Hamster

Votes: 6 4.5%
  • Hippopotamus

• Horse

• Kangaroo

• Koala

• Lion

• Monkey

• Mouse

• Octopus

• Ostrich

• Penguin

Votes: 4 3.0%
  • Pig

• Rabbit

Votes: 14 10.5%
  • Rhinoceras

• Sheep

Votes: 7 5.3%
  • Squirrel

Votes: 11 8.3%
  • Tiger

• Wolf

Votes: 18 13.5%

• Total voters

moonford

moon boi
Peach 🍑
Coconut 🥥
Bells
MEOW Coupons
StreetPass Silver
Ruby
White Cosmos
White Cosmos
White Cosmos
White Cosmos
Leif
Some species are definitely more popular than others, for example:

Deer/Cat/Rabbit/Squirrel/Wolf vs Chicken/Anteaters/Cow/Bird/Hippo

Sadly not every species is loved as much as others, luckily they have certain villagers which are adorable (Cow = Tipper, Hippo = Bitty, Bird = Sparro, Anteaters = ALL OF THEM) and are loved to a certain extent.

Personally I cannot choose as my golden three have always been and always will be: Anteaters, Ostriches (most of them aren't even Ostriches technically) and Penguins. :)

In Wild World I had a full town full of Penguins and the town was named "Crystal" after my Prinplup from Pok?mon Pearl. So it was a nice and sweet coincidence.

Last edited:
considering my main town has 4 wolves, i voted wolf tho i love many of the species

Squirrel and Rabbits (which is pretty much all the villagers I have.)

I also like the sheep villagers too.

Last edited:
i voted eagle, though really i like a lot of them!! i love the ostriches too, and the deer, and cats, and dogs, and wolves, and rabbits :D

Ugh, that choice is so hard... I'll go with the model I find the cutest, instead of looking on my favorite villagers and seeing which species they are. Regardless of the small amount of them (and some not so great designs tossed in there), I'd say the Hamster character model is probably my favorite. So small and round ;v;
Sheep are a close second though. :)

Personally, I love the ducks, sheep, and squirrels. Maybe that’s is only because my favorite villagers are those? Freckles, Curlos, and Filbert. But out of those three, squirrels. :D

I personally like the elephants because every elephant I have had have been amazing. They were all very nice and fun.

I started many years ago with always loving the rabbit species. When new leaf came along I had joint first, rabbit and octopus :p

Anteaters for me (I can't believe two other people picked them!), followed closely by sheep and dogs.

Wolves, cats, and deer. I loved the wolves since the Gamecube days. I managed to have all of them in my Gamecube town at one point!

i've never had a cat villager nor a wolf one, am i missing out haha?
my favourite are deer villagers, simply because i really like deer? and theyre all so cute!!!! squirrels are adorable, dogs too, but i dont have any of those currently :(

That's a tough question. I'll go with Cat, since I do like a lot of the cats (Rosie, Bob, Tangy) and because my favourite villager, Lolly, is a cat.

Oh goodness, that's tough to choose. But the penguins are my favourites due to their pudgy bodies and cute sound they make when you talk to them. Godspeed, my chubby flightless children.

Well. Since I like almost all of the Rabbit villagers, i'm going with that.

Back