• Our Earth Week 2024 mini-event is scheduled to begin tonight featuring hybrid flower breeding and more -- stay tuned!

things you didn't know when you first started playing

This only lasted 2 minutes but I'm going to say it anyway because it's funny. ACNL was my first AC game so five minutes in I literally couldn't find Main Street and I didn't know where to go. You're welcome.

I've been playing Animal Crossing since GameCube so not a lot came as a surprise to me, but the one thing I can say that really threw me for a loop was when I found out that you couldn't plant Perfect Fruits other than your town's native one and expect a Perfect Fruit tree to grow from it. That, and the fact that you could only find certain items in the Island Shop when you went online and played with other people -3- and you'd best hope they weren't the people you heard about in those Island Horror Stories!

Also, was quite the transition when I had to start selling my stuff to Retail rather than Nook's.
(ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ*:・゚✧
both of these things i didn't realize for the longest time either, haha
Apparently locked rvs are a thing! I just had it happen when I was offering rv visits :0

If you don't meet wisp with a character (whether your mayor or side character) you can't visit any rvs?? (or at least the amiibo ones) It just say's its locked, and the same goes for any guest you have in your town with that character too. It makes sense but wow that was odd haha
really? wow! i guess it does makes sense but still, odd!

I didn't know that when there was a meteor shower, you can press A to make a wish and then the next day Wishy would send you something. I originally got the game in 2013 and I just found out like last month...

I also found out about Pascal lol, and how you can find him right after you catch a scallop. I caught a scallop last week but he didn't appear because I was too close to the beach :(

I was running around my town and I realized there was more I could add to this thread! I can't believe I forgot this, but it's sort of funny to look back on...

Sparkling flowers.

For the longest time, before I got a watering can, I had no idea what caused this phenomenon. I would put the flowers in my pockets and analyze them. Plant them to see what would happen (which, as we mostly know, they would remain sparkly). This possessed me for a few days until I received my watering can. Then, well, then I forgot I even had this existential problem lol.

Not sure if this counts but
I didn't realize until just a week ago that when you're fishing you don't need to keep mashing the A button when reeling in fish

Not sure if this counts but
I didn't realize until just a week ago that when you're fishing you don't need to keep mashing the A button when reeling in fish

I forgot that I used to do that, too! Was it ever the main feature of Animal Crossing on the GameCube? If not, I think the animation might almost lead the player to believe that's the right way to fish, anyway xD poor A buttons...

oh also that you pretty much only get one perfect fruit, i ate mine XD

another reason i resetted lilac

oh also that you pretty much only get one perfect fruit, i ate mine XD

another reason i resetted lilac

That is actually not true! I also didn't know any better and sold my first perfect pear, but if you keep shaking your native fruit trees (in my case, pears) daily, someday a new perfect one will grow from a normal tree (from the 3 pears, one will be perfect and 2 normals). So just pick it and plant it and it'll be all okay! At least it did for me~ :D

That is actually not true! I also didn't know any better and sold my first perfect pear, but if you keep shaking your native fruit trees (in my case, pears) daily, someday a new perfect one will grow from a normal tree (from the 3 pears, one will be perfect and 2 normals). So just pick it and plant it and it'll be all okay! At least it did for me~ :D

I get a new tree with a perfect fruit, when I plot reset. ^_^

Back