• The closing ceremony for TBT's Farewell to New Leaf event has been posted! View the winning entries and other closing announcements here. Thanks for joining in on the fun and nostalgia. We'll see you this Friday night for the start of our annual Easter Egg Hunt!

Noooooooo

Jessicapony13

Bells
MEOW Coupons
StreetPass Silver
Ok so I just completed a transaction with someone of the forums. I put my Ds down while I went to get a drink and my cat has peed on it! It is covered in cat wee and it dripping from the holes. My cartridge is soaked inside out and it is all inside the game slot. I know you should put it in rice but I don't really want to tell my parents cos the cat will be in big trouble. I can just say I am getting a new Ds and game with my pocket money but I don't know what to do! :eek:

oh golly gosh 0_o

I read this tips online, maybe you can try:

If you know that water is stuck in certain small parts of your device, dab a Q-tip into some rubbing alcohol (or vodka) and then apply it to the specific parts of your device. This will work well for the internal parts of many gadgets that have circuit boards. The alcohol will help to speed up the evaporation process that happens when your device sits out in the open air.

Hopefully it'll work!!

Well that sucks. Sorry that happened. I don't know what to tell you. I don't think soaking it in rice is going to do anything. :(

The person above me gave you some tips, hope they works.

Last edited:
Don't switch it on, keep it powered off. Take out the cartridge. Turn your DS around so it'll flow out if the pee is in the cartridge zone. Try to get as much of it removed before soaking it, this can be things like wiping it (outside) or carefully shaking off some. The Q-Tip and alcohol tip is something I've heard too so I'd try it along with the white rice thing.

I can't say for sure if your 3DS is ruined or not. It's possible that most of it is on the outside and can be cleaned off but it's possible that there's enough of it inside to ruin it -- water is much easier to deal with compared to pee in terms of cleaning up electronics.

More importantly than any of this, I'd take your cat to the vet. Cats peeing in random odd places is usually a sign of physical discomfort or pain, or even stress. Is your cat spayed?

rice sounds like your best option here. and good job protecting your cat, but im sure your parents won't be to mad at it as it didn't know what it was doing and you could probably convince them not to be too angry :)

Chances are high that everything will be alright (well, maybe some smell will stay). I have some friends that dropped their cellphones in the water, dried them for a few days, and after that they work as usual. Good luck, pal!

So sorry to that happened to you, I hope your Ds will be okay and the cat too!

why is the cat need to pee right on the ds btw >_<

- - - Post Merge - - -

Hope it wouldn't happen again

So sorry to that happened to you, I hope your Ds will be okay and the cat too!

why is the cat need to pee right on the ds btw >_<

- - - Post Merge - - -

Hope it wouldn't happen again

Thankyou for the help everyone, I have tried the rice thing and the alcohol thing and I am going to leave it in the rice for a few days. I will order another game anyway but that one is going to not work anyways. Thanks again. And I don't know why my cat peed on my Ds. XD

I have tried all of those things and my Ds is now working! My game cartridge however is not. I have ordered yet another game. My parents don't know about the entire situation but all is ok because I just told them that it's an improved version. Thanks for the help!!

My cat peed on my head while I was sleeping...
She did it on 3 different nights.

I read that it's their way of claiming you. Showing love.

Why couldn't she just lick my face! o_O

Ugh, now I can't (at this part I forgot what to say because that's how weirded out I was)
Seriously, what kind of cat straight up (ya know what) on your 3DS.
YOUR 3DS OF ALL THINGS FOR CRIPES SAKE.
Anyways, lucky you that you managed to keep your 3DS alive. Sorry about your wee-dripped cartridge though rofl

I have tried all of those things and my Ds is now working! My game cartridge however is not. I have ordered yet another game. My parents don't know about the entire situation but all is ok because I just told them that it's an improved version. Thanks for the help!!

My cat peed on my head while I was sleeping...
She did it on 3 different nights.

I read that it's their way of claiming you. Showing love.

Why couldn't she just lick my face! o_O

Pmsl. Well I'm glad it wasn't my head! Maybe she saw a cat villager she liked. XD.

I am so sorry your game was ruined, sweetie. You have a very wonderful, positive attitude about this and I think your parents did a pretty great job raising you. I am super happy your DS is working though! That is fantastic news! And to everyone who helped, you are all rock stars.

Ugh, now I can't (at this part I forgot what to say because that's how weirded out I was)
Seriously, what kind of cat straight up (ya know what) on your 3DS.
YOUR 3DS OF ALL THINGS FOR CRIPES SAKE.
Anyways, lucky you that you managed to keep your 3DS alive. Sorry about your wee-dripped cartridge though rofl

I know. XD. Of all places! I know my Ds was so close to dying!!! Yeah my cartridge is gone for good :( Though it's a fresh start anything that wasn't perfect can be now on the upside!

don't stress to much! i left a fire emblem game i had spent 50+ hours on in my jeans pocket and found the cartridge in the washer the next day, dripping wet. i thought i was done for, but when i put it in my DS, it worked perfectly!

- - - Post Merge - - -

oh man, i didn't see the part where you said it didn't work. i'm really sorry about your game, i would die if something happened to my acnl cartridge. at least your parents didn't find out! :)

Cats will pee on things for a myriad of reasons. Could be medical or behavioral.

Anyway, glad your DS is all good but sorry about your game.

yeah i am super sorry about what happened to your game, but a quick tidbit:
if your cat is usually litterbox trained and is peeing outside of its box all of a sudden with regularity, maybe seek a vet

not trying to alarm, but yeah, just keep an eye on that too (and your DS from now on, for that matter, LOL)

Last edited:
Wow well I'm glad your DS is working now! Sorry about your cartridge though. Let me know if you need any help starting up your town. I've also had bad luck with dropping electronics into water, but the rice thing seemed to work for me too. I hope you were able to handle the pee smell though!

I'm sorry about your DS, I hope you get a new one and a new game lol

As for your cat, I think you should take it to the vet because if you have a litter box and they know that's where they're supposed to do their business, then there's something wrong. My cat did that once on the kitchen floor (except it wasn't pee lol) and that's a medical or behavior sign. I think for me it was behavior because we had just gotten him and he was probably nervous

but uh yeah, I love cats and I'd hate to find out something happened to yours :(

Back