What Game, or Game Section, Made you The Angriest?

Plumb3r

Bells
Eggs
Old Eggs
Everyone?s had those moments where they?ve played a game that?s driven them to want to throw their controller across the room, or yell as loud as they can. Personally, one of the most frustrating things I?ve played is Legendary Souls mode in Soul Calibur 5. So, what game made you guys want to rage?

Dragon Age. lmao

I get pissed all the time, but mostly due to angst within the storytelling. I've cried, I've laughed, and I've most definitely kicked and punched **** before. But games that can elicit all those reactions from someone are usually the best.

Definitely Dead Space. I was in one of those storage rooms where you can recharge your health and tinker with your equipment - I always just assumed I was safe in those since there are no vents or other structures where the alien-thingies can crawl or jump out of and you?re usually undisturbed in there. Well, turns out I was wrong! Those stupid Necromorphs came charging right in through a wall (or locked door, can?t remember) while I upgraded my Plasma Cutter and ripped me to pieces before I even closed the upgrade menu. I raged so much, I never played the game again after that, haha... orz

Last edited:
Electric Trial in USUM.. I hate solving puzzles and that damn totem Togedemaru swiped my team too easily. Managed to WT for a few good ones but smfh like the only ground one you can get good is like Diglett but even then it's probably be too slow unless you started/got a good Fire pokemon along the way.

Super Mario Land and also Zelda when I couldn't beat a level or a section of the games. Oh, and Super Mario Galaxy. That game is infuriating.

I just get angry when I die and especially when I have to replay a big section.

Most recently this is happening with Mafia II. It's definitely not a difficult games, but you have like three different shoot outs and if you get too impatient at the last one you have to start from the first one again. I currently have to kill an important character and probably died like 5 times already in the last area. It's so frustrating to start at the beginning.

Out of recent memory, Danganronpa 1 at the start of the 2nd trial was awful.
So as you investigate the second murder, you find out that Toko has Dissociative Identity Disorder (or DID) and she has a second personality that is a crazed, professional serial killer. The game mentions this multiple times since the murder that occurred was set up similarly to her method of killing.
So the second trial starts and before anything happens, you have to bring up that Toko is the top suspect since she has a mental disorder. What disorder do you tell everyone she has? DID, the one that the game shoved in your face for the last half hour? lolno the answer is Schizo obviously (because they couldn't bother to fit schizophrenia in there I guess). What do you mean DID and schizophrenia are 2 completely different and unrelated mental disorders? They're both mental disorders so it's okay. Just like a stomachache and leukemia are both diseases too so they're basically the same. Just like how Danganronpa and Animal Crossing are both video games so they're basically the same. :lemon:
So I wasn't really mad from it being difficult (I did have to look up the answer after a few minutes), but moreso from it being flat-out wrong. The English translation for all 3 games turned out really well considering how much text and how many references are packed into them but this part stuck out badly. It doesn't help that with how many times DR1 has been re-released that you'd think they would've fixed it at some point but nope.

Well, I don’t know if it was me but I was quite disappointed at the pricing of some games, but if you’re talking about the play style of the game, I’ve got to say Mario Kart DS. It had very poor graphics compared to the SNES. Seriously, the SNES was a much older console yet I feel that I’d rather play the SNES instead of the DS. You could easily see the pixels and stuff in the game, and it always glitched for me for some reason. Well, it made me sick. Also, Mario Party’s bosses got me angry all the time. They were soo difficult, and I’d spend an hour hoping that I’d progress through the game, yet all I do is stay on the same boss trying to find some tactics to get through it.

I agree with Mario Kart DS, has some fun tracks but the AI was incredibly cheat-y and I hated those mission because the curve became way too cheap after like the first ones.

The problem I had with Mario Kart installments for a very long time is that Grand Prix mode is usually the least enjoyable game mode, mainly thanks to its AI having tendency to cheat in one way or another. And of course, some of them end up being more infuriating than others.

• In Super Mario Kart, the difficulty of the AI racers is defined by their set of advantages and disadvantages that makes them either too easy or too difficult with no in-betweens depending on your racing skills and your ability to predict their behaviors. If any one of them is close to you, they'll keep spamming items. Despite them usually following the same exact line, they can dodge any item whenever they feel like, even the red shells!
  • Mario Kart 64 AI is quite possibly the worst of the bunch. No matter how well you perform, the top 2 AI racers will either be right behind you or zoom past you a bit. If you don't actively screw them and be less than good at racing, they can end up so far ahead of you that they're impossible to catch up to them.
  • Mario Kart DS on hard difficulty always have one driver that can overtake you easily no matter which kart they use. Hope that they don't use a high acceleration kart, or else they'll be much harder to bypass them. Oh, and the way the item distribution is executed in Grand Prix can possibly screw you whenever they don't feel like letting you win. Though, they won't pose issues any longer if you're proficient enough at abusing the snaking technique.
  • The AIs in Mario Kart Wii are sloppy by themselves, but the similar item distribution combined with higher amount of drivers on track will ensure that you'll be hit with many items on a frequent basis. These issues render Grand Prix in the later difficulties insufferable, unless you're good at using the game-breaking bikes.
  • Mario Kart 7 had AIs that can rubberband, so they can catch up closer to you. Nothing much else to say about them.
  • All versions of Mario Kart 8 had quite possibly the most tolerable AI in the entire franchise. They drive almost like their human counterparts would for the most part. The item distribution in Grand Prix mode ensures that you're much less susceptible to get Mario Kart'd than in any other mode, and winning in 150cc is pretty easy this time around. The most challenging difficulty is 200cc, but still is pretty fair in comparison to many other installments.

That why I don't like Mario Kart 8 because the AI is so dumb lol. And they ruined all the fun classic tracks that were kind of supposed to have glitches (and no walls) on them :(

The barrel in Carnival Night Zone in Sonic 3. Seriously? I never figured out that all you needed to do was pushing up and down on the d-pad to get it to move. It might seem simple but there's nothing that tells you how it's done. I tried jumping at the barrel like a maniac to get it to move far enough to slip through, and I managed to do it that way too a couple of times after too many tries. That section alone made me not want to play Sonic 3 as a kid.

Back