• The closing ceremony for TBT's Farewell to New Leaf event has been posted! View the winning entries and other closing announcements here. Thanks for joining in on the fun and nostalgia. We'll see you this Friday night for the start of our annual Easter Egg Hunt!

The Villager Arm Glitch!!!

KaydeeKrunk

The Late Great Turt
Peach 🍑
Lemon 🍋
Bells
MEOW Coupons
StreetPass Silver
Purple Candy
Purple Candy
Purple Candy
Purple Candy
Purple Candy
Purple Candy
Purple Candy
Purple Candy
Purple Candy
Purple Candy
So this has been happening to me since before the release, but since the release it's been way more common!

When I talk to people at my camp their arms will be stuck in a weird position and it's happened once before the update, but since it's happened FIVE more times! Their arm animation will be broken so if they reach in their pocket they'll just lean over and stuff, and it's really CREEPY!

TjsUVwV.png

YGL12IT.png

6H8i8AL.png

qdPkZN1.png

It also happened to Ketchup, Apollo and Maggie...

Has this happened to anybody else? Or am I the only one with creepy stuck arm villagers?

I want to know if maybe it's because I got the early demo version or whatever, cause if it is I'll try to reinstall it from the store.

It does look kinda ominous... :p It hasn't happened to me yet though, I've only just started playing.

Are they holding anything when you go to talk to them? A coffee cup? A soda?

Are they holding anything when you go to talk to them? A coffee cup? A soda?

I know Punchy was, but I can't be sure of the others, I don't believe Ketchup was when I went to her as I think she was laying down.

Last edited:
Oh God it just happened to me - I talked to Rosie who was sitting down and her arms froze in that position :confused:

Weirdo villagers, yeah with Punchy that's why there's two pictures, cause he kept doing it even after I finished talking to him and clicked him again! I wish I got a picture of Ketchup's arms because they were like INSIDE of her? Little nubs sticking out and it was the weirdest thing ever... And Apollo when he was stuck his arms were like OUT elbows bent, I think maybe from the eating animation or something, but I didn't snag a screenie of him either... so weird! I'm glad it's not just me though. -_-

Yes this happens to me too! And I love it! XD
It's usually when they're sitting down with a cup of coffee or a book I think. At first I thought it was quite strange. But now I find it amusing lol.

lol I’ve e had this too. I think they look like little stiff armed robots

The arm glitch just happened to me this morning! It didn't happen before, so I'm not really sure what causes it.

I've noticed that when I interact with them while they're sitting down.

Hopefully Nintendo will patch that soon.

Finally someone said it omg

It literally is so creepy how they twitch around when they are taking something out of their pocket

Lol it always happens to me. I didn't notice it was a glitch, just thought it was how the game was designed :')
It is really weird though, they look so stiff and awkward

So glad I'm not alone! XD I don't know how many people played pre release but it hardly happened then at least to me. It only happened once.

Back