Do your interests "match" your age?

not really. i'm a huge fan of cartoons, which tend to be 'for kids'. among other things. i feel very childish sometimes.

I'm 28 for 2 more months, I love to watch cartoons and play video games (like Animal Crossing, a game people do label as a baby game). I just ignore people now when it comes to things (calling me childish) like that.

Last edited:
idk lol
I'm 22 and I'm really into anime and nerdy stuff. they are mostly seinen anime, besides One Piece, but still

I think people 'my age' are into video games and anime lol. My videogame husband is x P

My interests never matched anyone regardless of age LOL. As a consequence I have spent most of my life alone, but I like my life too much to stop and change it. Only at 20 did I finally start meeting people with similar, but still different, interests.

Most of this interest is an overall interest in nature and the outdoors. A lot of people find me too philosophical at times, which I thought was only an occasional "problem". My hobbies are all based around the former, while everyone else is with sports, video games, or TV. While the rest of the class is at the roller coasters and ferris wheels, I'm looking in the bushes for insects and plants that have grown in the sidewalk.

Last edited:
Depends? I mean compared to almost everyone I know I have very different interests. I wouldn't say my music taste is generic, but I do listen to music on pop radio.

With a few exceptions, I think they do. Actually, apart from ACNL, my 3ds in general, and a few cartoons, my interests are probably more suitable for people older than I am (I'm 23) - I spend a lot of time reading (widely, though a lot of it is literary literature, which I actually like), watching films that are somewhat obtuse/ emotionally poignant but not really feature-filmy, gardening, hiking, and so on.

My interests suit either a 10 year old or some one 50+, there's very little in between.:rolleyes:

I guess not. I'm 20 years old and love Animal Crossing as much, if not more, as when I was ten. I've spent a lot of the spare money I have on Amiibo cards to build a collection.
I have no desire to drink or party, I'm very content spending my nights in as I've done most of my life. I also have no interest at all in romantic relationships - that could be subject to change but for now I'm happy single.

I'm 18 and I think I like things that are more fitting in the mid-range of 14-16.

It doesn't really matter what age you are as long as what you like isn't really harming anyone. Social stigmas are only formed because people are afraid to be themselves and want to fit in.

Tbh I don't even know what interests a 35 year old "should" have. Pottering around the garden? Feeding pidgeons in the park?

I still have an unhealthy interest in bugs. If I see a beetle or a spider, I just need to pick it up and fiddle around with it. My girlfriend thinks I'm embarrassing and will leave me behind, especially if there's people around. I don't mind.

nah i'm your average teen, playing video games, having a real weird sense of humor, most people aren't super surprised.

Tbh I'm not sure. Though I feel a lot of my interests are prob something that would be expected from an adult, such as older music, strolling alone through town or the park, antique furniture and decorations, and old cars. I mean, aren't old cars for boys and men who are in their 30's-40's? I have a bunch of pictures of cars on my wall that I cut out of a calendar, my favorite one is the '66 Pontiac GTO.

I would say though, many things I like seem pretty typical for my age. I like to play video games... Though I really like the SNES and N64... Idk, I can say though that many things that kids today like, I don't like.

I'm mostly passionate about video games and TV shows with fits with most people my age, but other people expect gamers to be younger and TV fanatics to be a lot older.

I guess. I'm not sure what a 22 year old male should be into but almost every guy around my age either has mutual interests or doesn't think my interests are weird, so I guess nothing to be concerned about

Last edited:
eh not really? most people think cartoons are just for kids which are most of my interests but the i think the rest of my interests do

idk really i've sort of lost all my interests lately ;o

edit: if i listed them though, i'd say as a 17 year old guy;

- fashion/style; not typical
- interior design; not typical
- animal crossing; not typical
- running a second hand fashion business; not typical
- pottery; not typical
- art; not typical

- netflix shows; typical
- poetry / verse writing; not typical
- sewing; not typical
- cross-stich; not typical
- plant growing; not typical

- photography + videography; not typical, but not crazily uncommon
- illustration; not typical
- nature/woods; not typical

- cross country running; is a sport, so arguably typical, but unusual choice, so not typical
- bird watching; not typical

so yeah

Last edited:
I'm 24, supposedly to be a grown up but not really. I'm still into video games, cartoon, and picture books. While other women at my age are into makeups, fashion, k-dramas, fall in love, get married, HAVE KIDS lmao. I am very childish for people at my age. I don't have that many friends because of those interest differences.

But I'm pretty happy with my life. I do what I like for living, accompanied with 2 rescued dogs at home, hang out with few people which I trust, so I don't have unimportant dramas in my life :p

For the extra thrill in life, I love to challenge myself into new projects, so yeah I think that's not bad :D

Back