• The closing ceremony for TBT's Farewell to New Leaf event has been posted! View the winning entries and other closing announcements here. Thanks for joining in on the fun and nostalgia. We'll see you this Friday night for the start of our annual Easter Egg Hunt!

Do your interests "match" your age?

Not in the least! I'm 27 and my room in my Our home (my boyfriend and I) is all light colors and purples, with coloring books and pictures on the walls. I have a stuffed animal hammock and stuffed animals on my white and purple daybed. We sleep together each night, but I still keet my two favorite stuffed animals in bed with me.

And of course, there's video games. Animal crossing, I feel, is geared toward a younger audience. I also enjoy me some Stardew Vallley. There's lots of other things I really enjoy that are... for younger people. MLP (Fluttershy!!), Hello Kitty, and Adventure Time (Marceline!!) being among them.

My friends joke that I'm "like, 12". >>;

My friends usually joke around and call me a five year old lol. I guess sometimes my tastes are a bit childish. but aesthetically , i also like things i sometimes think are more mature than my friends interests so idk.

I've out grown video games, but i still like anime n drawing. (The ones with more mature themes)

I'm 21. On one hand, I watch sitcoms and listen to music from the 80's and earlier and thoroughly enjoy those things. But on the other hand, my (occasionally intense) interest in cartoons and Nintendo stuff causes me to joke that I'm like five. So I figure all that just averages out to my actual age, haha.

I mean, I'm almost eighteen and TF2 is an M rated game, so I guess so? But then again most of my other interests are like Animal Crossing or something and common opinion says that's all for children, so maybe not.

If they don’t match, I make them match, it’s as easy as that, haha. I really love Pok?mon, for example, even though it’s a game for ten year olds. So, what do I do? I tinker with the game’s files, code stuff and build little bots that collect shinies or hatch eggs (or just hit “A” over and over to grind coins for a Porygon in the gambling hall in Pok?mon Red, haha) for me. And voila: suddenly it’s a hobby fit for an adult.

Oh not at all. I'm 23 but I still enjoy cartoons, 'childish' video games (animal crossing for example), pokemon, coloring books, stickers, collecting plush animals, etc. I don't really care if it makes me seem immature, it makes me happy and that's all that matters really.

Not so much. I loooove animal crossing & Im 21. I enjoy all and everything mystery. Pusheen boxes, Mystery boxes. I have doubled in LOL suprise dolls recently. I dont think I do.

I think for the most part my interests "match" my age. I'm pretty sure liking Animal Crossing and Nintendo stuff at my age is acceptable. A few of the TV shows and cartoons I watch are definitely considered "childish" and not aimed at my age group, I like collecting various Nintendo merchandise, plushies, figurines (and dolls sometimes), but that's about it really. My friends don't really know about my interests like that, nor do they need to know because I'm quite happy liking what I want with no judgement.

Nope and everyone makes fun of me for it. Especially on here and other places where my user is Pawpatrolbab, because Paw Patrol is a kids show.....but I mean Animal Crossing is a kids game. I get scared a lot of people judging me, but I am who I am and having interests in things won't hurt anybody! Be yourself

A lot of my interests do not match my age. I'm going to be 22 this month and I like to collect American Girl dolls, which I freely admit. I only really get trouble about it from a couple people, everyone else I know is cool with it. There's also my taste in video games and to an extent, books. I like to read the American Girl books even though they're below my reading level and I find them very simple.

Some do and some don't I guess! I mean the fact that I'm posting on an Animal Crossing forum should be a pretty good indicator in all fairness.

I think so, I'm a typical teenage ~~fangirl~~. I think the only "weird" interest I have for my age is uhh dentistry? lol

Well I will say most 17-year-olds don't hang around on an Animal Crossing forum all day and fangirl about Undertale. I also adore my New 3DS XL and all the childish games I have for it, so no. I don't think I have interests that correspond with my age.

Well absolutely not I'm a female gamer and a lot of people I meet expect me to be one of those sluttly "fake" gamer girls when they first hear me say what I am and I'm just kinda sitting there with Dragon Quest 3 going. Also I'm 18 and listen to classical music so no not really

Ha, definitely not! I am in my mid 40s, and I feel that you should be "allowed" to like whatever you like regardless of how old you are without the age police telling you you "should" or "shouldn't" like/have/want what you do. I have had plenty of comments made over the years along the lines of "aren't you too old for that" or "you should grow up"...yeah I am an adult, and as such, I have the freedom to spend my money on what I want, and enjoy it without anyone making ageist comments.

Last edited:
I've spent far too long muling over this question.

I could list interests that better suit someone fifteen years my junior, or other interests that suit someone fifteen years my senior, but at the same time I can easily name a dozen people in my age range I know who enjoy the same hobbies - and that's probably why they're my friends. People I tend to play games with are usually younger. Some of the people I go to gigs with have children my age. And some people I've gone to write-ins with have grandchildren my age. And honestly even in all those scenarios we still bond over "childish" things like Disney movies and video games.

hmmm that's a hard one. i have some younger interests (animal crossing, pokemon, toontown tbh) but then i also have some more mature interests (game of thrones, south park) i really just like the lightheartedness of the stuff that is usually targeted for younger audiences i guess, but then i love getting invested in the stuff with deeper tones as well

Probably yes when it comes to my taste in music lol but when it's about gaming, nah. I don't care. I do what I wanna do ;)

not really, i'm pretty childish and i have childish interests

Back