• The closing ceremony for TBT's Farewell to New Leaf event has been posted! View the winning entries and other closing announcements here. Thanks for joining in on the fun and nostalgia. We'll see you this Friday night for the start of our annual Easter Egg Hunt!

Do your interests "match" your age?

I guess yeah
and even though almost everyone else has said it - you should just like what you like (as long as it makes you happy and you're not harming anyone)! I'm pretty sure 99% of people have a "weird" interest or habit in one way in an other, and imo those who don't must be pretty boring :^))

I think it does? My interests are video games, cartoons, k-pop (BTSBTSBTS!) and books. I just turned 22 so I don't think that's too strange.

I think so? I'm generally into music ( k-pop and 80s music specifically ), video games, writing, and food. I don't really care if my interests match my age anyways: I know i'm not harming anybody and i'm having fun, so why should I care?

I'm 30 years old

I play video games and watch anime and cartoons sometimes. So, I don't think so. XD

I don't think so. I'm an adult now but I honestly still feel like a kid due to not just my interests (Video games, stuffed animals, cartoons, etc.) but also the fact that I'm allowed to still live with my parents and not get a job.

I don't think so. I'm an adult now but I honestly still feel like a kid due to not just my interests (Video games, stuffed animals, cartoons, etc.) but also the fact that I'm allowed to still live with my parents and not get a job.

I am the same, I just turned 32 and I swear mentally I am a teen. I love games, I still have my bear from when I was a baby, he is still in good shape too. I am mature too when needed. Because of certain issues, I can’t afford to live on my own, and live with my parents. I pay rent and help around the house though.

Nah.. Turning 30 next year, not much match with that.
I like Animal Crossing, colourful pens to write with in school, origami, tv shows, crosswords, Warhammer (me and bf build and paint plastic figures, try explaining that to the elderly!), The Sims, j-drama, k-drama, chick flicks. Puzzles are really nice and peaceful as well!

Never really thought about my interests like this before.. I just know I'm not fond of people asking "Sooo, what are YOUR interests?" when I know they usually have nothing in common with me. Maybe a couple of "regular" tv shows if I'm lucky.

I do enjoy listening to other peoples interests though, there's so many people that actually are interesting!

I think my disinterests don’t match my age. I can’t get into social media. I’ve tried several times but I just don’t post consistently. I don’t do Instagram, Snapchat, Facebook, and I post on twitter like once a month.
But most of the things I do enjoy don’t really have an age limit.

Yes and no.
Yes: purses I guess
No: literally everything else I do (games, anime, watching Miku concerts, relaxing too long, no makeup, YouTube is only source of TV needed, etc)

I'm 24 lol,
But screw society amirite

- - - Post Merge - - -

I think my disinterests don’t match my age. I can’t get into social media. I’ve tried several times but I just don’t post consistently. I don’t do Instagram, Snapchat, Facebook, and I post on twitter like once a month.
But most of the things I do enjoy don’t really have an age limit.

This as well. Other than checking up on old friends and family, I can barely even get into Facebook, let alone much else.

Last edited:
Yeah. I mean, the music I listen to, a lot of it is like classical, jazz and rock which I guess a lot of older people tend to like but I also thing it's like a normal thing for someone who's 18 to like that kind of stuff too.

Hrmm, I know that my interests don't completely match my age. I can't really say that my interests are completely different than the interests expected from someone my age, because there's multiple categories of people and I can't say that I fit in everyone. I enjoy listening to upbeat pop music like a lot of people my age, but I really love future funk and vaportrap as well. I like playing vidya games, and I know a lot of people my age in my community like vidya games as well, but not so many pretty much exclusively own Nintendo products like I do
Maybe it's because of the type of people I tend to hang around (anime nerds and such I guess), but I don't really care for anime too much and I'm not really on board the shipping scene. For example, a couple of my friends may frEak out when they see two guys in media show affection to each other, but I don't get it?? What's the big deal??? And when I do watch anime, it's probably either one of those really dumb joke anime or something like Kirby: Right Back at Ya.
Ah geez, I'm really sorry for producing this giant mountain of word garbage, but it's just a bit difficult for me to pinpoint if my interests would "match" people my age, because there's just so many types of people in my community, and an interest of mine that might not match one group of people might match another, so it's hard to say if I'm the black sheep of people my age when it comes to an interest of mine.

well considering I'm on an animal crossing forum, want to make cartoons for a living, and love most children's media.... I guess not but I don't really care.

I also have some more 'adult' interests to balance it out

I have a lot of interests that do match my age and a lot that don't. I'm 26 and I tend to listen to music that fits with many people in my age group, and I also watch a lot of current TV shows, what's going on in the news/politics to some extent, and I'm into fitness and health, I have a decent job, and I'm a full time student.

Younger interests/characteristics: I like games like animal crossing and playing on my DS in general, I love stuffed animals/toys and I watch a lot of cartoons. Adventure Time, Gravity Falls, Steven Universe, Over the Garden Wall, etc. Although I don't think it's that uncommon for ppl my age to like these cartoons really tbh. I like arts and crafts. I'm often easily amused. I can be a little naive about certain things someitmes I think.

I feel like our 20s are really weird, because you have young less mature (this isn't meant to be offensive) 20-somethings and then proper adult 20-somethings. You have people in their 20s who are living at home with their parents, going to school, maybe into partying, maybe more introverted and into gaming or their shows, etc. Then you have 20-somethings who've already started families and they're moms and dads already, then you have 20-somethings that are in a proper well-paying career already, with a much more adult-like vibe.

I have friends from all these categories. I don't believe one is better than the other, but it's definitely an interesting contrast between: Friend A: 24 years old and is dependent on his parents, plays a lot of games, goes to Wasteland Weekends, doesn't work, reads a lot of we comics and dyes his hair rainbowy colors; Friend B: 24 years old, graduated from a good school, her wardrobe consists of lots of expensive work clothes, works for a well known company, has a lot of high-end clients. Friend C: 23, had kids right out of high school, has to be responsible and think about things from a family point-of-view, everything involves their kids.

Anyway, cool question. :)

My interests supposedly "match those of a seventeen year old", although I'm twenty-one. Lol

Well I'm 26 and play Animal Crossing so I guess not. That being said I have a pretty heavy job so it's nice to have interests that take me out of adult life at the end of the day.

I like crocheting, old granny stuff, wearing simplistic unstylish comfortable clothes, no makeup (my face is clear anyways but I have eczema that's barely even there). I like playing my ds which all my friends say is for kids or babies, especially when I say animal crossing just cuz i played it with them as little kids they know think that games is soooo grown up cuz they got eyebrows on fleek, makeup, fashionable clothes and listen to the latest western music (UK and America). I listen to kpop. Idk... I feel like such a kid, never smoked weed, drank alcohol, never been to a house party, then again my parents are strict. Am I going off topic? Anyways I'm 17 :') I have many other hobbies, unlike the usual teens go clubbing and stuff, I wanna hike and see the beautiful green the world has to offer, go cycling, cycle to school my parents say it's dangerous so they won't let me. I wanna go to a spa. I'm just rambling on aha..

- - - Post Merge - - -

They're*

What interests are even supposed to match my age as a 28 (almost 29) year old? I legitimately do not know. lol.

I would say my music tastes probably would read as much, much older, seeing as I primarily listen to (in terms of pop music) from the 1960s and 70s. And I like Classical music of all eras, including Medieval/Renaissance. My pop music tastes put me right in line with my parents' generation, and my Classical tastes more in line with my grandparents? I don't know.

My interest in media probably puts me as much younger, seeing as I watch almost exclusively cartoons/anime and play only non-violent video games. However, I'm careful to really say that because I know quite a few people my age who share my interests. Although many also play more violent video games, I just can't.

Last edited:
Back