This Harvest Festival event is really annoying

HappyTails

On Indefinite Hiatus
Bells
Eggs
Old Eggs
Seriously, most the ingredients the recipes call for I have but that doesn't stop the villagers from giving them to me again instead of giving me things I don't have like milk or butter. Then they ask for fish that are common and in the way any other time of the year but when you need them now, they don't show up. Seriously, I kept catching Bluegills when I was looking for the common crucian carp. But you'll know when I was looking for a Bluegill a few months ago, I couldn't find one but I found plenty of Cruican carp. Where are all those crucian carp now? Not in Ossipri, that's for sure. This isn't working for me. Is this supposed to be fun?

Sorry, I'm really irritated today and this game is making it worse.... But seriously, anyone else getting annoyed with this event?

it was fun! and I played with all my 4 players (had to stop with the 4th one because I got tired)
I was mainly irritated by them giving me my native town fruit (cherry)! I spent at least 2 hours catching and trading for anything other than the one thing I needed which is milk, but after that things went smoothly again.

It took me a good 10 minutes to catch a barbel steed. Seriously, I catch those all the time, why is it different now? Also, the music just doesn't stop even if you've completed the event and the music is really annoying.

Yeah it always goes that way - I can never find what I'm looking for. I try to gather a stash of fish in advance so I don't spend too much time fishing, although maybe that's against the spirit of the event. I don't think I'll be able to participate in the Harvest Festival today though, I'm at school most of the day. Hopefully the pace will pick up for you. If you're not enjoying it though, try to break from it until your mind clears. It is supposed to be fun :blush:
I think you might not get the same ingredients from villagers if you have them in your pockets already - not 100% sure though. Keep trying and you'll get them eventually. For me it's worth it to do the little animation with Franklin and create the dish - so cute :blush:

I actually finished the event already lol, unless after you finish all 4 foods you have to make more ;-;

But I know how you feel, my villagers kept asking me for black bass and a carp and it took me forever to find it (never got the black bass sadly), and then right after I don't need the carp anymore, I start catching a bunch of them. I just saved and quit and came back on my game so different villagers could help me, and it changes their request. The hardest part for me was getting a lemon for apple pie, I had a tree in my town and I cut it down and gave the fruits to Shrunk, so I had to do like 4 different island tours just to get the lemon.

And I didn't even get a good end prize, I got a harvest bureau. Smh

Music is the most annoying, I didn't have much trouble finding the ingredients like last year.

Last edited:
Oh no, they still give you stuff even if you have it in your inventory. Boone gave me an apple when I already had an apple in my invertory. I don't need fruit, I need things like vinegar, milk or butter. But instead they keep giving me fruit that I can easily get off the trees in Ossipri. And I accidentally released a dab that took me 10 minutes to catch. To say my vocab after that was colorful is an understatement.

This event is cute and all but when you're already annoyed and this game is going out of it's way to NOT give you the stuff you need, then you can't find the fun in said event. And all of this for harvest furniture. You can buy harvest series items at the Nook shop thoughout the month so this event is kind of pointless.

And yes, the music. Oh my GOSH the music. Why is it even like that? Who's idea was it to include that annoying music?

Last edited:
I haven't done the event yet, since my 3ds Calendar is 1 day behind. I'll be playing it tomorrow the first time though!

Ah, must be a different event then :) I've wasted a lot of frustration on this game too and it can be troublesome. It's not worth being upset over though - it's okay to pause or even pass on this festival if there's no enjoyment in playing it. Personally I'm not even a fan of the Harvest furniture so I'm not too upset about missing it today.
I also agree about the music, it's not my favourite. It makes my head throb a bit after a while :blush:

I stopped doing the event. Whatever 'rare' items this game thinks people need is not worth the headache it takes to get it. To prevent myself from really getting mad, I just stopped doing the event.

Edit: I just went ahead and finished it. I was halfway done anyways. And after much cursing and death threats to my 3DS, I got it done. Not doing this Harvest Festival again. This was too much of a pain in the neck.

Last edited:
This is going to be my first harvest festival and I'm tempted to turn back my DS clock so I have an entire day to work with...

Hearing everyone's stories makes me dread this event and the plethora of turkeys in the forum banner aren't too helpful LOL

I played this event last year, so I don't really want to do it again. I might just do the errands to get things like flour, milk, butter or whatever ingredients, so I can make a kitchen theme.

I dived for Lobster, clams, oysters, seaweed, and got all the possible fish, fruit, beehives etc, the day before.
I TT'd and went through it twice.
It was fun. :)

I personally never do it because I don't really see the thing with it, even though I like the Harvest furniture I guess lol

i played it for a little bit but after searching for a lobster for like 10 minutes i was done. this was the first time i participated in it since i guess i forgot about it last year.

my village is currently in early September right now because i'm trying to find a Gar :,)
so i haven't done the harvest festival yet this year! but i've done it before and stocked up on fish and such before hand, i remember prepping in advanced being the easiest way to do it

I had a very fun time in the harvest festival! In under 2 hours, I got all 4 secret ingredients nailed down, all without checking the Internet, and easily got the Cornucopia in the end. I might do it again today with my 2nd character - Really, players can do that! :)

...I'm surprised my playthough went smoothly compared to other players. The trick for doing it is to check multiple fish requests at once, so you'll have multiple fish to choose from. Eventually, you catch many of them as you go, and get both the normal and secret ingredients in the process - they never gave me the 'wrong' ingredients for a dish.

I get irritated by it as well. Fishing isn't really my thing(I prefer bug catching), so it's very tiring for me, especially since it took a long time for a villager to give me something other than an apple(which is my native fruit) or a mushroom.

I definitely prefer the GCN and City Folk versions. Same with Toy Day. In NL, I usually only participate in Halloween and Festivale, and occasionally Bunny Day and April Fools' Day.

Back