• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

This Harvest Festival event is really annoying

Oh, and another tip: Always have your needed ingredients in your pockets before you give your fish. This is what the game detects to determine the right missing ingredients villagers give you. Also keep any other ingredients villagers give you that aren't listed - those are most likely the secret ones.

I know right, I spent an hour looking for a barbel steed(which are usually rather common) and as a result I turned my DS off and then went back on later. I spent a further half an hour trying to catch it and when I caught it, rod decided to take a walk outside and he no longer needed the steed. Aghhhh*

I'll say it again: Do multiple requests at once. That way, you'll more likely to get 1 of the 5 fish villagers ask for.

It took me more than the usual amount of time to catch a sea bass. A SEA BASS! this isn't right, I'm telling you

I googled an ingredient list last week, spent days gathering ingredients, made a post in Re-Tail to trade for or buy ingredients, even managed to catch a scallop - which is almost impossible for me - all in excited preparation for my very first Harvest Festival. Today is Thanksgiving... when we get together with our family... who arrived much earlier than we expected them. They also stayed until 8:30 PM my time. I didn't even get to touch my 3DS today and I missed the whole Harvest Festival.
:(

My game is a couple weeks behind and I was too busy to do the event today anyway. I have been stocking up on the things I may need. I have all the items thonky suggests for recipes and after reading this I think I'll stock up on the fish the villagers ask for too. I wasn't gonna do that cause I thought I might get through the event too quickly but not being able to catch extremely common fish like that would probably drive me nuts. I'll also make sure to do multiple requests at once in case I don't have enough. I'm also hoping to us this as a means to get peaches and pears since they are the only fruit I don't have yet. Happy Thanksgiving and Happy Harvest Festival!

I think the harvest festival is one of the easiest events. I love seeing the villagers in their aprons, I'd like more cooking events.

I hadn't played this before, because I'd previously gone on hiatus in late summer/early fall. It was a little tedious, but maybe I just lucked out on dishes. I'd stockpiled mushrooms and I always try to keep extra fruit on hand for villager requests. Some of the fish were a bit harder to catch than normal, but going to multiple houses made it easier. And Franklin didn't ask for any ingredients that required diving.

I'd already bought most of the harvest series from the NBs, and only needed the TV (which Franklin gave me!), and I got the fruit basket and cornucopia. I probably won't play next year, since I don't have any other characters I need to fill catalogs for, but it was fun to try.

I played in two of my towns yesterday. I thought it was cute (including the music) and didn't have much trouble wth ingredients even though I didn't stock up or anything. I noticed common fish seemed harder to find, and maybe I lucked out that Franklin didn't ask for diving ingredients. Don't know if I'll play next year as I got the special items in both towns and I don't intend to collect the rest of the Harvest Series.

This. Tried doing it since I've never done it before but I don't like the harvest furniture so didn't think it was worth it

yeah i've never liked the harvest festival that much lol. i only ever played it in my first year of having new leaf and that's it. the stress ain't worth it

This was my first (and last time) participating in this festival. I didn't like it. It was too annoying.

BTW, this morning, I was fishing and caught about 5 crucian carp in the space of about 5 minutes. Funny isn't it how they weren't around yesterday when I needed them.

Idk I liked it, it takes me about an hour and a half to do though. It's frustrating when they give you the ingredient you dont need, or you just cant seem to find that common fish thats usually always available, but when you finally do get what you need its even a more rewarding feeling lol

It was fun, i liked the music, and the quest for finding ingredients is nice. I didn't bring all the special ingredients though, because i was putting everything i found around Franklin to have more space for fish in my pockets, and when he asked for the special ingredient, it was in that pile and not my inventory... Oh well.
The only thing i didn't like was that we didn't, like, gather around that table to try the dishes. It was a bit disappointing (probably because i expected something like Stardew Valley's Luau, i thought there would be some kind of reaction depending on the ingredients i use or something). Villagers were talking about the food's taste, but it was just standing there for the whole day, i didn't see anyone try it. Maybe i'm missing something, i'm playing for less than a year, and it's the first time i see Harvest Festival.

It was alright, to be honest I just like seeing what the food looks after its made. I've kept all the stuff needed for the harvest festival ages ago. So it wasn't that hard for me.

harvest.jpg

I just had Merengue give me all the items and she didn't give me any copies of items I had in my pockets either. (It was really early in the morning and she was the only one awake)

i get the feeling, i dont usually participate in the harvest festival because of this =/

Oh, I really like the Harvest Festival. I like visiting Franklin most of the time and having an event is at least better than having no event during November.

I've played every year since the release. Catching fish and diving items ahead of time helped.
This year the recipes were easy ones and the villagers gave up the special items. It took about 20 to 30 minutes.
Spent the rest of the time selling the fish and cleaning up my secret storage.

The only part that was annoying about the day was a rumor villager moving out. It's happened twice during this event. This time I time traveled to 1001pm and stopped the mover.

Back