Are you formally celebrating Thanksgiving this year?

Are you celebrating thanksgiving?

• Yes!

Votes: 25 54.3%
  • No.

Votes: 21 45.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Not this year, I'm 4,200 miles away from my family again so I'm probably going to dinner with the boys.

No. We didn?t even bother buying the fixings for dinner. My mom still made cookies last week. I work all weekend, my mom is working a double, and my brother only has Thanksgiving Day (today) off.

we don't celebrate it over here, but we probably would if we lived in the us

Last edited:
We just go to my cousins, eat, and leave pretty much. My family is rather disconnected and this is the only time of the year we really see them. Since we don't know each other well, there isn't really much to say or anything, so we just go out of obligation. It's not really fun for any of us. It doesn't feel like a warm family occasion. It feels uncomfortable and awkward.

When I celebrated Canadian thanksgiving last month, my mom made quite a feast with lots of food. There was a big chicken, since we didn't get a turkey in time :p

My family has no relationship with any of our relatives (long, depressing story) so we don't hang with family or whatever

We had a big bunch of family and family friends over like we do each year, it was nice, but everyone was bummed we don't have cable for the games and stuff so everyone was checking the scores on their phones and stuff. I'm just sad I didn't get to see the parade as that's usually tradition.

I mean, not really? We just ate a huge meal, played some board games, and went shopping. We usually don't do a ton for Thanksgiving anyways so this was just another normal year.

Yeah my family always host Thanksgiving! Here was my plate yesterday (all vegan btw!):
AJrDjZc.png

Back