• The closing ceremony for TBT's Farewell to New Leaf event has been posted! View the winning entries and other closing announcements here. Thanks for joining in on the fun and nostalgia. We'll see you this Friday night for the start of our annual Easter Egg Hunt!

Are you formally celebrating Thanksgiving this year?

Are you celebrating thanksgiving?

• Yes!

Votes: 25 54.3%
  • No.

Votes: 21 45.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

xSuperMario64x

Canadian at heart 💜🇨🇦
Peach 🍑
Coconut 🥥
Bells
MEOW Coupons
StreetPass Silver
Switch
8558-0128-9692
Island
He/him
Green Bunny Balloon
Cyan Bunny Balloon
Snow Bunny
Fresh Feather
Cool Feather
By formally, I mean being with family, eating a hearty meal, watching football/parade/dog shows/etc.

I personally am not celebrating Thanksgiving. My dad and my brother are going to my grandmas house, and I decided to stay with my mom since she can't go anywhere. I'll prob spend my thanksgiving doing homework and playing Paper Mario on my N64.

Nah. We’re just watching the parade and going shopping. We’re not even making food, we’re floating it to Christmas lol

Unfortunately. My entire family hates each other and for some reason we still decide to do major holidays together. I'd be content with staying home to write 8 papers before they're due in like 10 days, but doesn't look like that's happening.

no, since I'm not from the usa we don't celebrate it. but even if my family was american, i probably would choose not to get involved as i really don't think it's an event that should be celebrated with those sorts of historical connotations.

Yup, my family is pretty spread out over the country, and Thanksgiving and Christmas are the only 2 times of the year that we always meet up on. I don't really do much usually but I made a dinner dish this year, so it'll be nice to see if everyone likes it.

My family always celebrates Thanksgiving! My mom used to say it was because I was supposed to be born on Thanksgiving, but I was 2 weeks early.
So it's a tradition in my family to say "Keldi, you screwed up your birthday and now you get a bird."
Edit: I know why it's celebrated, I just like how my mom joked about it when I was a kid.

Last edited:
i am. we have the parade on right now, actually. though i'm a huge fan of the dog show so i can't wait :D
my parents have been cooking since last night, and we're going to have a couple family members over as well. every other year we usually go to my aunt and uncle's house and have a meal there with a lot of our family, but my uncle just got his pacemaker replaced so we're just gonna bring them some food.

No, I don't even want to think about Christmas at the moment because I'm drowning with school work.

Yep! Yesterday I helped my grandma stuff the turkey, and today we're going over there for dinner! I like my grandparents, but my uncle's family aren't my favorites.

nope lol. I live in the US, my step dad went to his family for Thanksgiving, and my mom made a turkey, bought apple pie and made corn pie, but we don't eat together lol. I don't see the point in making food if we're not gonna celebrate but I don't really care

Yep!
Watch the parade, dog show, then play some football with my family. We put the works on our thanksgiving dinner and make a lot for left overs. Pie is for dessert and for breakfast the following morning!

Noope, I've never celebrated it before. To me it just sounds like eating christmas dinner early hsnnsns

Not really. I don't like any Thanksgiving food. I'm having a lasagna and hanging out in my room until around 4 and then going to the mall with my mom and sister lol. The rest of my family is though, they love all of the food.

Yes, though it doesn't feel like it since there's only three of us this year.

s? se?or
im going to a brazilian restaurant today for thanksgiving despite having no brazilian heritage

i've never celebrated it - i live in the uk

Back