• The closing ceremony for TBT's Farewell to New Leaf event has been posted! View the winning entries and other closing announcements here. Thanks for joining in on the fun and nostalgia. We'll see you this Friday night for the start of our annual Easter Egg Hunt!

“Hiatus” Guide: Does It Still Work?

Decomposed

Bells
MEOW Coupons
StreetPass Silver
http://animalcrossingus.tumblr.com/post/69131083206/this-guide-makes-extensive-use-of-the-nintendo

Talking about this one ^

I?ve done what it explains in the past, and it worked. But does it still work with the amiibo update? I?m super far behind in time because I took a long break and I?m bored of going day by day looking for movers. Don?t want to lose any dreamies or mess up my 16 cycle (I use my Main Street as an extended dreamie pool, I carefully curated move outs so my Main Street could have all the cute villagers I can?t fit in my town lol)

basically I don?t want an accident to happen. Has anyone done this since the update?

Yes, I've done it multiple times and it still works. As long as you deny a villager move, you can time travel or take a break for as long as you'd like.

Yes, I've done it multiple times and it still works. As long as you deny a villager move, you can time travel or take a break for as long as you'd like.

Excellent, thank you!!

edit: sorry I probably just spammed you with likes and dislikes

Last edited:
I've been playing inconsistently, like I open my game after a week or after two weeks and so far, I haven't had any accident. I always make sure to look for that villager who's going to move and deny them before I end my game. It's still working 100% for me.

I've done it, and after denying the villager, I went only two weeks forward and lost my Uchi, whom I was on great terms with.

Is this person a troll...? I’ve seen them comment false information, seemingly to scare people multiple times. lol.

It still works, I have done it multiple times since the update.

Is this person a troll...? I’ve seen them comment false information, seemingly to scare people multiple times. lol.

Yes he is, and hes very rude. He blocked me the other day because I finally called him out on how he shames people for using paths in their town. Anyone who disagrees with him gets blocked.

I took a hiatus for a couple of months after denying a villager to move and everyone was still there when I started playing again.

I don't like time traveling, but there are times when I can't play New Leaf. So when it gets to a week or so, I'll check when my last play was and adjust that on the 3ds system. When I go back in to the game, everything is the way I left it. So it does work. You just have to be sure to find the mover (and then go back to the 3ds setting and default to the present time, if you want to)

So it does work.

Been working perfectly fine for me, the only way I could see this change would be the scanned-in villagers from amiibo, and even then I'm not sure if it wouldn't work for that
Overall a pretty solid method

I also can confirm it works. I went back to weeding day recently to get the topiary PWPs and after denying a move, traveled back to the current date and everyone was still there! :)

Back