• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

Getting burned out, should I make a giveaway town?

squidpops

🌈🌴🍯
Bells
Switch
4283-9990-2999
Hey it's me your friendly neighborhood indecisive squid back again looking for advice.

I think I've gotten pretty much burned out on animal crossing. It's still fun to play in ways don't get me wrong, but the daily grind of "collect fossils, talk to villagers, do their repetitive tasks over and over, landscape town, sell to retail, buy from shops, go to island sometimes, etc etc etc" is just getting stale and boring. (I know I just reset my town too but still..)

I know, take a break and go do something else. But I still have some fun playing sometimes like I said and I want to shake things up a bit before just going full break.

I was thinking of maybe just turning my town into a villager cycle and item/money giveaway town for people? Especially since I ordered a bunch of cards and amiibos the other day which should arrive by the end of the month. It seems fun to do at least and I like giving stuff away and helping others/making others happy. Then maybe after awhile going back to normal town if I get bored of that.

What do y'all think?

Last edited:
sure, go for it! it'll be a good way to shake things up, and you can probably get some tbt bells out of it too.

sure, go for it! it'll be a good way to shake things up, and you can probably get some tbt bells out of it too.

Yeah I was thinking of getting tbt for the villagers! It'll be way easier than normal trading/posting, especially if I can keep them original.

It might be a nice change and break from your own gameplay! Helping other people is very gratifying for me, and sounds like for you as well. There will always be players who would appreciate support - if you have the urge, go for it! I wish you luck :blush:

It might be a nice change and break from your own gameplay! Helping other people is very gratifying for me, and sounds like for you as well. There will always be players who would appreciate support - if you have the urge, go for it! I wish you luck :blush:

Yeah I really like helping this community, because it's been so helpful and kind to me! This was the first 'internet community' I ever fully joined that was honestly this caring and nice. Thank you for the well wishes! :)

do it! if it'd make you and others happy it's a win-win, then just turn it into a regular town when you want :)

Hey it's me your friendly neighborhood indecisive squid back again looking for advice.

I think I've gotten pretty much burned out on animal crossing. It's still fun to play in ways don't get me wrong, but the daily grind of "collect fossils, talk to villagers, do their repetitive tasks over and over, landscape town, sell to retail, buy from shops, go to island sometimes, etc etc etc" is just getting stale and boring. (I know I just reset my town too but still..)

I know, take a break and go do something else. But I still have some fun playing sometimes like I said and I want to shake things up a bit before just going full break.

I was thinking of maybe just turning my town into a villager cycle and item/money giveaway town for people? Especially since I ordered a bunch of cards and amiibos the other day which should arrive by the end of the month. It seems fun to do at least and I like giving stuff away and helping others/making others happy. Then maybe after awhile going back to normal town if I get bored of that.

What do y'all think?

That pretty much, word for word, describes my situation. I don't know how, exactly, but if I can be of any material help with your scheme, let me know.

That pretty much, word for word, describes my situation. I don't know how, exactly, but if I can be of any material help with your scheme, let me know.

Well I just made a post on retail for buying landscaping help (I need people to chop down trees, dig up bushes/bamboo etc) so if you wish to help with that then by all means! :) Here's the post

- - - Post Merge - - -

do it! if it'd make you and others happy it's a win-win, then just turn it into a regular town when you want :)

I'm definitely excited now for this! I think it's just the kind of new thing I needed in game (I thought just resetting alone was but nahh haha)

Back