• The closing ceremony for TBT's Farewell to New Leaf event has been posted! View the winning entries and other closing announcements here. Thanks for joining in on the fun and nostalgia. We'll see you this Friday night for the start of our annual Easter Egg Hunt!

Have you seen the Emperor Butterfly/ other rares?

amemome

bell bell isabelle
Peach 🍑
Banana 🍌
Bells
MEOW Coupons
StreetPass Silver
Isabelle
Isabelle
Isabelle
Isabelle
Isabelle
White Cosmos
Red Cosmos
Yellow Cosmos
Red Cosmos
White Cosmos
I've dowloaded this game yesterday (yay for the US release!) and grinded up to level 20...

No sign of the Emperor Butterfly, Koi, or Tuna in my camp.

Has anyone seen them in-game yet? They're not time-sensitive, right?

I just caught an emperor butterfly today! This is my second day of playing. I’m sure you’ll run into them eventually. :)

I have yet to find the tuna and koi but soon hopefully.

I've seen and caught a horned dynastid. I think the red snapper is supposed to be rare too and I caught one. I still haven't seen the ones you've listed, either. I also saw someone with a Puffer fish in their Market Box.

By "time-sensitive" do you mean if they show up at different times of day and seasons like in ACNL? I don't think so but staying in one area too long makes the number of fish and bugs that spawn decrease for a while.

I just caught an emperor butterfly today! This is my second day of playing. I’m sure you’ll run into them eventually. :)

I have yet to find the tuna and koi but soon hopefully.

Thanks! I've caught everything but the tuna/koi/emperor butterfly so on goes the hunt :)

I've seen and caught a horned dynastid. I think the red snapper is supposed to be rare too and I caught one. I still haven't seen the ones you've listed, either. I also saw someone with a Puffer fish in their Market Box.

By "time-sensitive" do you mean if they show up at different times of day and seasons like in ACNL? I don't think so but staying in one area too long makes the number of fish and bugs that spawn decrease for a while.

Yeah, I meant if they showed up at different times. I've been moving to different areas after each "pass through" to hopefully reset the spawns but no luck getting some of those rares :/

I am on day 2, and just caught a Tuna!!! I have caught about 7 of the red snapper, even though it is supposed to be rare.

I've caught four tuna, two koi and a single emperor butterfly.

No villager has asked for any of them yet.

Last edited:
Just ran into two emperor butterfly, one right after the other. The first I was too slow on the tap and the second I didn't see before I ran into it :_:. Bad luck aside they don't seem to be time sensitive.

I've got the tuna and koi, both spawned at night for me. Haven't seen the emperor yet!

image.png

koi real. I'm guessing these are moooostly just for selling considering it nets 4k base, haha.

The only rare thing I've gotten so far is a football fish smh

yea I've caught an emperor butterfly, couple red snappers (they dont seem that rare tbh lol) and 2 miyama stags. I caught some "rare" river fish too (black bass or something??), but I haven't seen anything rarer... granted I only started playing last night lol

Well, there?s different tiers of rarity I guess. There?s the coming ones like the tiger butterfly and stuff like that, then there?s the semi rare ones like Red Snapper, Horned Dynastid, and the Black Bass. All of the really rare ones I?ve caught at least one of so far, I?ll picture them below:

DBF7FB08-6AD0-47DF-A23B-C2AF118CB66E.jpg

I caught a tuna today. I haven't seen any of the other rare bugs or fish so far. I hope I won't need that tuna later on because I sold mine...

i haven't seen an emperor yet. I've caught some stag beetles and some rare fish though

I've caught a tuna, a couple red snappers and horned dynastids, and apparently a black bass is rare? I'm on day 2 as well.

Back