If you could change ONE thing...

In my main town, Utopia, there's a rock in a place that I couldn't really avoid putting a pathway around/through. It's not on the "main" pathway so I kept the map anyway but I'd change it in a heartbeat if I could!
In my Zelda-themed town I placed the classic police station right next to retail and don't love how contrasting the buildings look. Especially since the door of the station looks like a dark cave entrance.

I would have more town project options. I really dislike the extensive work to get a project you want and from a specific villager.

I'd probably see about moving my Retail closer to the beach... it's really not that big of a deal, but it's just a little thing. Kinda like it's current placement, but it's a bit of a walk!

That?s a difficult choice. It would be between two things, moving the reset centre to a different location or moving my house just 1sq to the left. I love the location of my house but it?s just one sq off the middle of the island, which throws all my landscaping leading up to it off.

Last edited:
The dumb amiibo rules that they amiibos/cards never move unless you have like at least 8 of them -_-

There's a dead spot in my town where I really wanna plant bush starts but I cant so I would change that for sure. Lucky im pretty happy with where I put my campsite :)

I think right now, i'd be to put more paths down in Mochi. I'm still trying to plot reset Eloise after a ton of months, and i'm not getting anywhere so far. She just really isn't going in any nice places no matter how many times I plot reset, so i'm thinking of just letting her go anywhere. I regret not putting down more paths so she wouldn't go in the places I REALLY didn't want her to go but didn't think she'd go in. Thing is my town is really barren, so it's a surprise to me that she's still trying to put her house in those same spots although there's plenty of spots to go in. If I hadn't done that, she'd probably be plot resetted quicker.

I think right now, i'd be to put more paths down in Mochi. I'm still trying to plot reset Eloise after a ton of months, and i'm not getting anywhere so far. She just really isn't going in any nice places no matter how many times I plot reset, so i'm thinking of just letting her go anywhere. I regret not putting down more paths so she wouldn't go in the places I REALLY didn't want her to go but didn't think she'd go in. Thing is my town is really barren, so it's a surprise to me that she's still trying to put her house in those same spots although there's plenty of spots to go in. If I hadn't done that, she'd probably be plot resetted quicker.

I'm absolutely new to the game, but when i doing some plot resetting before the villager move in i usually place a lot of paths or design all over the town and leave only a 3x3 plot for the new villager house, after that i do time travel to next day (use the 3ds setting) then i look up all over the town to see where the villager probably will placing his/her plot if the villager isn't in the 3x3 plot you want his/her to place the house, probably the villager is in other 3x3 plot that is not covered with design/paths, so close the game without saving the new character, time travel back to the day before when the villager isn't moving in yet, loaded your characters back and check the last time the villager put the plot, if its has 3x3 cover it woth path (no need to cover entirely, just make sure it wasn't 3x3 so villager can't put their house there) after that save and exit, time travel again with 3ds setting to the next day, check again with new character if the villager is already in the plot you want, save the new character
(`^3^?) if it still not in the 3x3 plot you want repeat again and cover it again so the villager won't be placing their plot in there again. my english is not very good but i wan't to help

- - - Post Merge - - -

if i could change one thing probably i would like to move marshal house one block to the left from where his house now so it would be straight as my other villagers (;o; )

Last edited:
I would like to be able to move my campsite, police station and caf? ;v;
Also, moving player houses without having to delete the character and lose everything. I'm okay with my mayor's, but it's be nice to move my other humans. ;v;

I'd put Re-Tail closer to the beach to make for easy farming of beatles. I hate running my butt off to get to the store to make them sweet bells. :p

I'd put Re-Tail closer to the beach to make for easy farming of beatles. I hate running my butt off to get to the store to make them sweet bells. :p

My house is near the beach, and Re-Tail is next to it. Not too close to me. A decent distance.

In my town of Fairview, I seriously wish I could move these so randomly placed rocks in my town so I could make a miniature zen garden, even though I have literally no pattern slots left.

In Kiel, I'd change the name. I was obsessed with Germany at the time, so I named it after one of their towns.
I'd also change the local fruit. Apples are great and all.... But peaches :rolleyes:

Back