• The closing ceremony for TBT's Farewell to New Leaf event has been posted! View the winning entries and other closing announcements here. Thanks for joining in on the fun and nostalgia. We'll see you this Friday night for the start of our annual Easter Egg Hunt!

Net Neutrality General Discussion Thread - "Battle for the Net" Edition

It's not an immediate end, more like cancer. There is time to operate while it is still in this stage, the life of the internet is not yet impacted. If left unchecked though it will be an insidious and slow change. Support those who will work towards net neutrality. I know not all of you can vote, but you can get politically involved and try to convince others on this topic too. It is far from over, but a really dumb move, where those who support the repeal don't seem to understand the potential repercussions to society by this.

The situation has gone out of control. They all just want your money. I heard that Ajit Pai got doxed by some hacker, but I don’t know if it’s true yet. Everybody is angry out of their minds, and they’re just sitting there not caring. I’ve also seen many states that are actually suing the FCC. I think like 15-20 so far including mine? Let’s make it at least half of the country or 3/4. I can barely afford the Internet just as it is and with this if it goes into affect, well I guess no more YouTube or anything that I have to pay extra for. But there’s always hope because there are numerous people enraged. There will be riots and protests. Many states are suing. This is a huge mess of fighting for your rights

Well I wonder how many people are actually gonna pay for websites... Let's hope people stop using internet in protest if it would actually go in 100% so they will realize something, maybe. But yeah it's good some states think it's insane at least.

lol no one in their right mind is going to pay more when internet prices are already ridiculous as they are. If 'they' can't get a clue right now, then a 100% protest is not going to give them a clue either. Their greed is their stupidity.

lol no one in their right mind is going to pay more when internet prices are already ridiculous as they are. If 'they' can't get a clue right now, then a 100% protest is not going to give them a clue either. Their greed is their stupidity.

True about that though... I wish someone could just.. ugh I usually don't like violence but for ****'s sate shoot that dude or lock him in good. But yeah fine people have been without the webs for a good time so why not :^^^^)

I read that the hacker group, Anonymous, started sending threats to Ajit Pai via Twitter. And during the meeting, someone sent a bomb threat and it's just getting out of control, now there are lawsuits everywhere and last I read, 22 states are suing the FCC. Things are going to get real ugly if they even THINK about messing with people's Internet. I don't understand why they even think this was a good idea to mess with people's Internet. But then again, yes I do, if it has Obama's name on it, or if it's something Obama implemented (like net neutrality) then it MUST go, no matter who it messes up but that's a topic for another thread.

ajit pai saying things like "i'm restoring internet freedom by repealing an obama era policy" in one of his latest videos

smh man, net neutrality was something that BOTH parties were in favor of when it first came out and now its a problem because its "obama era". pai is a shameless liar denying the facts that are being presented to him.

- - - Post Merge - - -

he did this too (YES THIS IS REAL), trying to look like he's """""hip""""""

paivideo1-master768.png

But then again, yes I do, if it has Obama's name on it, or if it's something Obama implemented (like net neutrality) then it MUST go, no matter who it messes up but that's a topic for another thread.

It's philosophies like this that allow things such as this to happen. Just because you hate Obama doesn't mean you have to oppose every little thing that he did.

bumping thread because relevant again plus we need one more vote to keep our asses safe from being robbed

It's philosophies like this that allow things such as this to happen. Just because you hate Obama doesn't mean you have to oppose every little thing that he did.

Exactly. Do they even look at what good his things have actually done? Nope they are just anti-Obama everything and thinks he's a commie.

Back