Is it worth buying KK an Tom Nook?

I was wondering this too. I love K.K. so much, hopefully I can save up to buy him. Maybe Tom Nook as well.

I bought the KK chair today, it?s cute having him at the camp site. I didn?t have buy any leaf tickets, I just used the ones I got from leveling up.

Yep, I caved too. I couldn't resist having K.K. at my site, he's my favourite Animal Crossing character. The riff he plays on his guitar to the music is just perfect - no regrets here :blush:

I'm not going to bother getting either of them. Seems like a waste to me personally, I don't need the bragging rights of having them just to have them, if they did something and gave you things like the regular villagers maybe, but not just as decoration. No thanks.

I've actually found it to be pretty easy to earn tickets, so I didn't mind splurging on K.K.'s seat. I like having him sitting with his guitar. I doubt I'll get Nook, unless I really end up with a glut of tickets.

I'll probably do an extra craft slot later on, but right now, I'm fine with just the one.

If anything, only buy one. I read somewhere in an article that even if you buy both chairs, only one will appear at a time. I bought KK because I love him, my boyfriend is planning on buying Nook (he's never played animal crossing before, I'm just a bully) but make sure you have the crafting spots first because these guys arent worth much... I planted kk in the middle of my site but I'm not even there enough to enjoy it.

I got K.K. because I saw him in a friend's campsite and realized he played music. Sure, it's the same thing over and over but I really like the tune he plays and he added that special something that my campsite was lacking. I don't really like Tom Nook all that much so I don't regret not getting him, especially since people are saying he just sleeps. In order for me to buy him he'd have to at least be demanding Bells. Lol.

It's definitely worth the tickets if you like either of them. Tickets aren't that difficult to come by, you just need to be patient.

I bought both and have no regrets!
I don't use Leaf tickets for anything anyways, so I thought I'd splurge on the collectables.

I'm considering getting both to fill my catalog, but as others have mentioned, if you don't like the characters, they're not worth it. There's still plenty of time left until they're removed from the store, and I think someone was saying they might bring them back again later, so you do have time to decide still.

I've visited dozens of player camps so far and I've yet to see KK or Nook, but I'll be getting KK for sure, maybe get Nook later if I save up enough tickets.

I say it's not worth it, save your money and your leaf tickets unless you really want them. All KK does is strum a guitar and repeats the same lines over and over- I think if he actually sang his songs and had more interactive sayings then people wouldn't be so against buying them.

Originally I was going to buy Nook's chair because I like how it looked and everything and it would match my other furniture but I ended up getting KK's stool because I like him better as a character and enjoy having him playing guitar in my camp. I was considering saving up my leaf tickets to buy Nook's chair as well, but I'm considering just waiting and saving them up to see if there are better NPCs that we can get in the future. I would love having Leif or something in my camp. ;) so yeah they're pretty useless but if you've got nothing else you wanna spend leaf tickets on then they're worth it.

Personally, I?m a stickler for limited-time things and for aesthetic items. Sure, KK doesn?t do much, but I like him in my campsite and don?t regret buying him. So honestly, it?s whatever you?re after in the game. I just like decorating my campsite to perfection.

Here?s why:

x9f4xLQ.jpg

Photo courtesy of Dylan Sprouse (?Suite Life of Zack & Cody? actor)

In all honesty, I’m not going to get K.K. or Tom Nook. From starting the game, I can already tell that Leaf Coupons are very rare and precious to get. If you didn’t realise, at the start of the game, the game is very generous to you with Leaf Coupons. For example, when you’re a newbie, there’s a request for you that says ‘chat to your villager in your campsite’ and it gives you 30 Coupons. It is basically making you think that the Leaf Coupons are easy to get and that you could spend them and easily gain them back, and that’s why there’s the K.K. and Tom Nook Chair to advertise so that you could waste your Coupons. Obviously, as you advance through the levels, Leaf Coupons are extremely hard to earn and once you waste your money on the special items, there’s no getting them Coupons back. Also, you will desperately need those Leaf Coupons when you level up and need amenities and more craft space and etc. I also bet that there’d be more special items costing Leaf Coupons coming up in the future.

I bought both with the leaf tickets I've accumulated by leveling up. It's worth spending the 500 tickets to get both, rather than losing the chance to get them ever again.
Also don't forget to claim the 50 free leaf tickets just by going to the "My Nintendo" part in the game.
(bottom menu screen > More > My Nintendo)

I still have 100 tickets to spare at level 38 at the moment, and nothing useful to spend on.

There aren't a lot of places to spend it where it's worth the value.

Two value factors for spending leaf tickets;
buying for exclusive vanity items, or buying for practical gameplay mechanics

For gameplay;

Such as, if you value efficiency, you should unlock all 3 slots for crafting, which can be done practically at the start of the game with the tickets they toss at you.

No point in unlocked Market Box, because it unlocks as you level up.
It doesn't help as much, since there's only 3 item that people buy on high demand (cherries, apples, and pears)
The rest of the items you gather sell at a much slower rate as it is easier to obtain OR the villagers don't ask for them as often. (such as red snappers, I have sold to the NPC over 20 of them now and only handed in maybe 5 tops as request items)

Spending leaf tickets to speed up crafting, buying mining chances, or 'buying' bells/materials is pointless to me. Because all it does is buy a small slice of time skip, when the game is essentially 'endless'.

For vanity;

I'm expecting they will be releasing more, but the only two right now are KK Slider and Tom Nook, which might not appear back or have their price raised after this "limited time offer".
And since those two are such iconic figures, it's worth spending the 500 tickets to get both, rather than losing the chance to get them ever again.

Last edited:
Back